Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yard eggs

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar

Yard eggs

My good buddy started raising egg layin chickens. He and I have known each other for a long time. He said hey I got some eggs. I said nice. I'll buy some from you. He bought some over and said he these are for your mom. I said cool. How much ? He said nothing. I said really how much. He said come on now your mom treats me like her son you think I'd sell them to her. I said come on now I'll pay for them. He said all good, don't worry about it.

This it's what I tried to pay him for but wouldn't let me pay for them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1023.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	40605
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

Moderator Master in FishingTX dan_wrider's Avatar
    Can't beat that!
    Oh, my friend . What time is this . To trade the handshake for the fist

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar
    I get about half that many every evening and have two for breakfast and one or two in egg custard later in the day. Love me some good fresh free range yard eggs.
    He is getting more eggs that he can use and get rid of, be thankful for the wonderful gift.
    Jackie Kennedy
    Jackie Kennedy Fishing Guide

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

www.jackiekennedyfishingguide.com

Senior Member Master in FishingTX AthensMike's Avatar
    What goes around comes around. I'd bet you have helped your good buddy out on a few occasions. Maybe shared some of your harvest with him. Enjoy those eggs.

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    not even wit ha stick!!that be the best eggs in the land
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_wrider View Post
    Can't beat that!

Thanks guys.

Yeah this was a pile of eggs. He started with a few egg layers and then got more. His first ones started laying eggs and now his second group is laying eggs. This year he added even more chickens. They haven't started laying eggs yet. He is going to have even more eggs each day.

He sells some, gives some away and trades with the feed store. He also barters with a couple folks he knows. Homemade jam for egg barter. Haha. I was lucky enough to get a jar of that too. Lol

Strawberry and fig preserve

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1192.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	40606
    Last edited by vett0111; 06-21-2017 at 10:38 PM.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar
    Watch our VettO or you'll grow out of your mo mo's
    Jackie Kennedy
    Jackie Kennedy Fishing Guide

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

www.jackiekennedyfishingguide.com

Senior Member Master in FishingTX AthensMike's Avatar
    Trade and barter. I like it. Simple. I have a hard time these days trying to figure out if I have to swipe or insert the debit card.

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Good example why vetto is a blessed man good book says;
    Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gentleben View Post
    Good example why vetto is a blessed man good book says;
    Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
    Thanks Ben.

I talked to my buddy and asked when will next batch of chickens start laying to add to the ones laying now ? He said September some time. He will have 70-80 egg layers laying eggs. Pretty much layin an egg a day each.

He plans on getting an incubator to get his own chicks for him to sell and keep his flock of egg layers going.

Not sure what breeds he has. He pick a good egg producer and a meet chicken. So when egg production slows to the freezer they go.
    Last edited by vett0111; 06-22-2017 at 09:02 PM.