Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will not Start

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar

Will not Start

It may be your day in the barrel when the Echo trimmer won't start and it's only 20+ years old, take it to have it fixed a few days ago and it's still not ready. Went to check on it and ask if he had a used Echo to sell, yes but it needs a tune up and it's still not ready. Nita was on the rider and it quit and won't start. Took the boat to have it fixed, yep once again another won't start.
    Jackie Kennedy
    Jackie Kennedy Fishing Guide

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

www.jackiekennedyfishingguide.com

mikechell
    Sounds like you might have gotten into a batch of bad gas.
    Old gas (more than a month, if it's E-10) can lose it's burn-ability.
    Water in the gas, so that you're putting enough in the bottom of each tank that it's all the engine gets. I've seen this more often than I can count. The fuel smells fine, looks fine, but what you're not seeing is a 1/2 or deeper layer of water in the bottom.

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    water n corn starch i got 3 push mower 2 have pull start rope problems one probably carburator issues i keep plenty of strating fluid round but thats only temporary, my power washer did start after many months of no ne use .. i truly believe in seafoam and use a few ounces in each gas tank yo keep the booger man away.

JK gte you a cheap can of starting fluid from the $ store and spray in the intake if it starts but fails to keep running then it is in your fuel system probably water or causting in the gas tk ; if it wont start you could start by changing te spark plug ,, on the bigger engines like the rider mower check the baldes are not engaged and sometiems one of your safety features will stop your engine from starting good luck those little booger s can make an ole man outta you.

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar
    OK, the boat had a bad key switch, nothing yet on the Echo or riding mower. At least some headway is being made. I use Stabil along with Marvel Mystery Oil in all my small engines gasoline.
    Jackie Kennedy

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

Senior Member Master in FishingTX AthensMike's Avatar
    Right down the road Mr Jackie. Weed wacker is solid and so is the zero turn mower. Don't have a trailer yet.
    I can help you. My chores here are light this weekend. Let me know. I don't know how to do the private message thing.
    Dead serious Sir.

Mikw I sent you a PM explaining how to do it. Thanks
    Jackie Kennedy

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

mikechell
    Mike W.
    Private messaging, on this site:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PM 1.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	40629

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PM 2.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	40630

Mower fixed, boat fixed it was ignition switch and only cost $100, jury still out on the Echos.
    Jackie Kennedy

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

WHEWIE KEEPS US POSTED , echo i good trimmer