Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hammerhead shark new state record

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar

Hammerhead shark new state record

Big ole hammerhead shark caught

https://apple.news/AorX943IlMDWO43qTRPjkHA
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar
    and to top it all off this very old shark was killed and not released, a sad state of events.
    Jackie Kennedy
    Jackie Kennedy Fishing Guide

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

www.jackiekennedyfishingguide.com

mikechell
    Jackie ... I am a firm believer in catch and release. At the same time, I am also a firm believer that sport fishing is no danger to the fish populations.
    Catching/Harvesting more than one's own family can eat and commercial catch/harvesting are the culprits.

Considering the size of this one, it might have been near it's lifespan maximum anyway.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX AthensMike's Avatar
    Farewell and adieu to ye fair Spanish ladies....................

Admin Crappie Champion Master in FishingTX SKsCrappie's Avatar
    He/She be aahh BIG'UN....
    ENJOY THE HUNT OR STAY HOME.....
    PFD's SAVES LIVES.....WEAR IT.....

Senior Member Master in FishingTX AthensMike's Avatar
    Farewell and adieu to ye ladies of Spain........

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar
    A photo and release would appease most, but not others and give someone else a shot at landing the same fish. When the gaff hits em growth stops.
    When you get in the golden years mikechell someone may just knock you off being as you are near life end anyway, no big loss-RIGHT.
    Jackie Kennedy
    Jackie Kennedy Fishing Guide

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

www.jackiekennedyfishingguide.com

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    guess that's almost as bad a killing a snake because it squirms and crawls on the ground. to some people its not only about the catch but the kill...... to me i get more joy outta seeing someone else catch it.

Quote Originally Posted by jackiekennedyfishingguide.com View Post
    A photo and release would appease most, but not others and give someone else a shot at landing the same fish. When the gaff hits em growth stops.
    When you get in the golden years mikechell someone may just knock you off being as you are near life end anyway, no big loss-RIGHT.

mikechell
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiekennedyfishingguide.com View Post
    Absolutely, Jackie. I'm not a "spring chicken" now ... and I totally enjoy my life. I'm hoping for many more years.
    But I've seen plenty and done plenty. If I was to die today, it wouldn't bother me ... oh wait ... of course it wouldn't bother me, I'd be dead and not even know about it.

I'm sure the shark isn't suffering ONE bit, now.

Admin Crappie Champion Master in FishingTX SKsCrappie's Avatar
    From what I've been reading & hearing the shark population has really exploded.... I heartily its hard to get other feesh in tha boat without a shark either chasing or getting a bite it of the caught feesh.... we may need to take a few more shark.... we even have'em in tha trinity river.....
    ENJOY THE HUNT OR STAY HOME.....
    PFD's SAVES LIVES.....WEAR IT.....