Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Salty fun

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_wrider View Post
    Cool trip, Vetto. Those blacktip can turn into a fine meal if you get 1 or 2 over the 2' mark. I was surprised at how well they grilled. Is that the pass?
    Thanks guys

Yes dan it's the pass

He said it was great. He ready to catch and eat more of them. Lol

A Mike salty trips are awesome. Never know what you catch. A mullet or live shrimp on a hook and you could catch lil stuff or big ole salty monster. Lol. I have caught a big fishy or two while hitting the saltwater.
    Last edited by vett0111; 07-19-2017 at 09:40 PM.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

Moderator Master in FishingTX dan_wrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AthensMike View Post
    Sounds like y'all had a good time.
    Only been fishing in the ocean twice. Both times were on big ole boats with 100 people standing elbow to elbow fishing for snapper. Half the time the deck hands were untangling lines. Those guys were incredible. My buddy hooked a huge hardhead that he wasn't allowed to keep. I hooked a small shark and the line was cut. I had fun but it was just crowded for me. I have a few good stories about the trips we took to Galveston but they are a bit "salty".
    I have only been in jail once in my life and it was in Galveston. The Island Cabaret. Lamarque County. Public intoxication. Lucky to be alive. That experience soured my desire to fish in the ocean or visit anything named cabaret. That was 28 years ago.
    I'll leave the saltwater stuff to you guys. It does sound fun.
    Ha! I bet that's a good story that'd prolly bend the rules a little.
    Oh, my friend . What time is this . To trade the handshake for the fist