Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1978 Chevy Big 10 Cheyenne

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar

1978 Chevy Big 10 Cheyenne

My neighbors father passed away a while back. He was a mechanic an owned a garage. He had and drove a 1978 blue lwb truck. After he passed away my neighbor had the truck in his shop. I ask him what he was going to do with the truck and that I would like to have it. Got the standard answer I'm going to fully restore it. I got a call from him the other day and he ask if I was still interested in his fathers old truck. I said yes and I would come over when I got home. I went over and purchased the truck. It starts runs&drives. This is what it looked like when he delivered it to me.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	726.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	142.4 KB 
ID:	40705Click image for larger version. 

Name:	727.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	140.5 KB 
ID:	40706Click image for larger version. 

Name:	728.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	120.8 KB 
ID:	40707Click image for larger version. 

Name:	729.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	40708Click image for larger version. 

Name:	731.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	162.0 KB 
ID:	40709Click image for larger version. 

Name:	734.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	120.2 KB 
ID:	40710
    It is very unmolested with the original 350 being rebuilt and has a RV cam so it lopes a dab along with an aluminum hi rise w/650 holly carburetor. I'm cleaning it up and it already looks a lot better. Be taking the seat out today to get new foam and recovered. I will fetch a dash coverlay when I go to the VA on Monday. The front end needs a little attention tie rod ends and drag link. The '79 short bed was my favorite year of the square bodies but this is a nice example of a 39 year old pickup. Think I will spend a little time and put it back in good driving shape. I sure hate to give up the electric mirrors and nice AC and excellent defrost system on the 2012 Ford, but I really think this may be my new driver when I get it up and going. This truck has used Mobil 1 oil and sounds and runs really well.
    I didn't know exactly where to put this so if this is not correct feel free to move it.
    This is a two owner truck and my friends father purchased it in 1983.
    Jackie Kennedy
    Jackie Kennedy Fishing Guide

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

www.jackiekennedyfishingguide.com

Moderator Master in FishingTX dan_wrider's Avatar
    One word. Potential
    Oh, my friend . What time is this . To trade the handshake for the fist

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    WOW that is the makings of a low riding chevy pickemup truck, it is funny how a mechnics vehicle usually recieves the least attention!!!!happy for you and your heavey chevy!!@

does the ac work?? looks like dw said potentailly sound !!!!
    Last edited by Gentleben; 08-06-2017 at 11:25 AM.

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar
    No lowrider it will be box top stock as long as I have it. Looking for someone to do the seat at the present time. I once had connection on such things but it's been years since I was in the car game. I will find someone but things have became much more expensive.
    Jackie Kennedy

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Lou The Fisherman's Avatar
    That is a fine looking 78 Chebby pickem up truck there Capt'n Mickey. Nice 350. I don't see a scratch on the truck.
    Soon as you get the seat recovered you got yourself a ride my man.
    When is the best time to go fishing? Whenever you can go. Just do it!

Here is the glove box build sheet.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	749.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	113.8 KB 
ID:	40711
    Hope to find a place to do the seat tomorrow and then order the carpet. I'll be stylin' and profilin' soon.
    Jackie Kennedy

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    JK you could be safer getting nother seat 4 bolts and your done

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Very cool. Love those square body chebbys
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

I'm leaving all options open, I found some cheaper second/third row Suburban seats that are nice but then I would have any adjustment back and forth. I will check with my old upholstery guy in Dallas tomorrow.
    Jackie Kennedy

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

mikechell
    I am not disparaging your truck.
    My opinion is ... it's a truck.

I just don't have the "collecting" gene, nor the "nostalgia" brain set.