Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: San Luis Pass closed

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar

San Luis Pass closed

Been reading and hearing that they are going to close San Luis Pass to fishing and swimming.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1333.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	40724

https://www.google.com/amp/www.khou....pass/462984495

BRAZORIA COUNTY, Texas- After several recent drownings and close calls near San Luis Pass, officials are banning people from entering the water.
    According to county officials, the Commissioners' Court voted unanimously Tuesday on the ban.
    Banned activities include bathing, swimming and wade fishing.
    Those who violate the new ban will face a fine up to $500 for the Class C misdemeanor. Brazoria County deputies and constables will make sure the order is enforced. Deputies say warnings will be issued at first.
    ↓ Advertisement ↓

“This is a public safety issue. Signs have been posted warning people of the dangers and they have continued to be ignored. Now we have been put in a position that a ban is needed to keep people from entering the water from the beach,” stated County Judge Matt Sebesta. “If lives are saved by implementing this ban, then we have made the right decision.”
    The order will go into effect on Aug. 20 and signs will be posted in English and Spnaish that read: “DO NOT ENTER WATER! VIOLATORS WILL BE PROSECUTED PUNISHMENT UP TO $500 FINE."

https://www.google.com/amp/abc13.com...-pass/2286609/

Swimming and fishing will soon be banned at San Luis Pass.

WEST BAY, Texas - Citing unsafe conditions in the waters of San Luis Pass, Brazoria County Commissioner's Court has voted to ban visitors from entering the water for recreational activities.

The ban, which goes into effect on Aug. 18, prohibits visitors from "entering the waters of the San Luis Pass for any activity, including bathing, fishing and/or swimming."

Over the past several weeks, four people have drowned in San Luis Pass in three separate incidents. On Aug. 7, a man and his son-in-law drowned after getting caught in a rip current.

In early July, a Houston father drowned when the kayak he was in with his family capsized just north of the San Luis Pass.

Just a week earlier, a 19-year-old fisherman drowned as he fished with a friend; authorities believe the pair was pulled under by a rip current.
    Last edited by vett0111; 08-09-2017 at 11:43 PM.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    sometimes you got to do what you got to do to keep people alive thanx for the information.

Moderator Master in FishingTX dan_wrider's Avatar
    Absolutely ridiculous. Should probably ban bathtubs first. More people drown in them every year than slp. Rollover and now slp. They are shutting the coast off for us. Getting harder for anyone who doesn't have a boat to fish for sure.
    Oh, my friend . What time is this . To trade the handshake for the fist

mikechell
    The ban doesn't include anglers ... just wading while angling.
    Looks to be a boon for saltwater anglers.
    You won't have to worry about hooking a swimmer, and the fish may come in closer if there are no swimmers in the water.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX AthensMike's Avatar
    But if it just saves one life................
    It's knowin' that your door is always open sideways and your path is free to walk......

Tough news for so many. Plenty of good fishing there.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.

mikechell
    Fishing will only get better, if they keep smelly humans out of the water!

Quote Originally Posted by mikechell View Post
    Fishing will only get better, if they keep smelly humans out of the water!
    Same thing my buddy said. He said man we should make a killing at Big bull reds this year. Less compitition out there. No waders in water to catch them before we catch them.

Admin Crappie Champion Master in FishingTX SKsCrappie's Avatar
    I've waded that area several times in the past, with the way sand moves beneath your feet there it is easy to get caught in any current if you lost your footing.....
    I stopped wading there years & years ago just due to me feeling uncomfortable with the loose sand beneath me....
    Like anything else the govment takes it away from all even the ones that respected the conditions & feeshed it safely....
    ENJOY THE HUNT OR STAY HOME.....
    PFD's SAVES LIVES.....WEAR IT.....

Pro Bass Guru Hooked on FishingTX
    Good riddance. I have done much there unless in a yak or the goal is a buzz. Plus the bugs. Geez. They should restore the old pier. That thing was money! Hope they get rollover done soon too.