Thread: Uprooted tree

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar

Uprooted tree

This is a true story i got to share so maybe someone will learn something as i did .
    Yesterday as the rain let up i walked across the street where the water drains to check for obstructions in case the rain returned .
    So the draining ditch goes under this peoples fence and travel thru their back yard corner then out . i knocked on the door and the daugter came out. I told her of my intentions and she asked her mom if i could walk in their back yard she said it was o k.
    Then she says see that tree it is leaning over a little bit at a time . so i said have you all called Center point she said no we use Comcass. i thought oh my God we are in trouble . so i said you know when that tree goes it gonna take those highlighnies and many folks gonna be anry , inluding me .I had barely go tthe words out of my mouth when the tree just lays down acroos the 134 kv lines , you can imagine the fire works that ensued little girls takes off running and the daddy was down the street comadriando ..I could not get my phone out fast enough to record the actual fall but the next pic the tree had just hit the ground and the fireworks had stopped
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tree.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	507.3 KB 
ID:	40819

the daddy comes flying down the road in his car and screaming f words , he has a very limited vocabulary of two and 3 mfs and fs th and that was all he could say the mom comes out with the cell phone stuck to her ear , the girl and i were talking and she says shut the f*** up i am on the phone !
    I thought it a good time to leave as all the neighbors were out the explosion brought everybody out . i walked around the tree to the safe haven of my wifes retirement home . .Got my trusty generator out as i knew we were gonna be a while and today they completed the repairs and we are back on line .
    Following pic is the neighbors pitching in to clean the street of debris...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JD.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	605.9 KB 
ID:	40820

Be careful when cutting trees like tah tass the stump is under alot of pressure and wil lstand back up as thuss one did
    Last edited by Gentleben; 08-30-2017 at 10:03 PM.

mikechell
    Cool story and neat pictures, Ben. Thank you.

Glad no one was hurt, and you got your power back so quickly.

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Big ole tree.

Glad no one was hurt.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508