Thread: What would you do

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar

What would you do

ther are many folks who's house got flooded in the huffman area and basicaly they are homeless so the Firts Baptist Church of Huffman is feeding 300 meals 3 times a day ..
    Some people i know who received no damage and have all the luxuries of life go get their three meals, toilet paper,cases of water and whatever the homeless are getting.
    It bugs me everytime i see it as the Church is running short on supplies .
    What would you do
    1. would you remind ole selfish that the meals and help is for the homeless.
    2. would you go help her carry all the things she stole from the needy
    3. would yo ugo donate more money to the Church so selfish can keep shopping there
    4. or would yo ujust look the otehr way as if you saw nothing?
    I know what i did but what would you do??

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar
    Thats a hard one, but personally I'd probably go for #4. but #1 is the correct way.
    Jackie Kennedy
    Jackie Kennedy Fishing Guide

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

www.jackiekennedyfishingguide.com

Senior Member Master in FishingTX AthensMike's Avatar
    It would depend on my mood at the time. I would hope the church would recognize this also. That would greatly influence anything I would do or say. Maybe not.
    It's knowin' that your door is always open sideways and your path is free to walk......

Admin Crappie Champion Master in FishingTX SKsCrappie's Avatar
    That's what makes it hard for everybody.....
    Just shows what this world has come to.....
    If'n it was someone I knew I would for sure give them a ear full.... if it was someone I dint know I'd for sure wanna tell'em how wrong they were & like A.M. said it would depend on the mood I was at the time...
    ENJOY THE HUNT OR STAY HOME.....
    PFD's SAVES LIVES.....WEAR IT.....

mikechell
    I have absolutely no reservations when it comes to people scamming and cheating. If I KNEW they didn't need the supplies, I would confront them right there, in front of everybody ... especially the Church.
    No need for self searching, or feeling like "it's not my business". Confront them, "hurt feelings" are THEIR problem, not mine. It's their lack of consideration and Christian Spirit that is the problem.

I told her i was glad to see her enjoying the meals the church was preparing for the homeless then asked her if she had been by Forest Mnaor where most of the homeless are and see the devastaion of the poor folks who losts everything and are having to live from day to day with relatives and staying in shelters and jsut how lucky her and i were not to have lsot anything, i said well no anything i almost lsot my self respect by almost being tempted t oone of those free hot meals and what they might be needing but i did not realize that there were people who would take advantage of the situation, she shippishly looked around and said well yeah we jsut could not get to the grocery store and they offered so we took it .. hopefully i shamed her into not going back since she knows i know she is not enttitled to the freee stuff.

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Probably would of done what you did. I've seen the damage first hand. I see folks crushed and needing a helping hand. Helped with clean up and donated supplies and money. Seeing it first hand I know the ones needing help aren't beggers or selfish folks. They are folks that are hurting and in shock from the disaster they are going through. Folks taking advantage of the situation should be working to help these folks.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

Senior Member Master in FishingTX AthensMike's Avatar
    I think you handled it perfectly Ben.
    It's knowin' that your door is always open sideways and your path is free to walk......

That's rig tone day this folks had it all going their way then Harvey came by and the next day they are ib the back of a jet ski hanging on for dear life all she took was her wallet , lost everything, was it poor planning, act of God or bad choices , whatever it was i know people who personalluy risked their lifes and equipment to save this folks , this were not affected but they said you know what i am going to Houston to help those folks in need and then when i see this people who lost nothing but their dignity mouching from thos e who lost it all.
    God will reward them when they get to heaven , those mouchers will also have to give an account for everything they took!!
    Glory be to God cause He gave ALL!! He gave his only begotten son!!