Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Irma

mikechell
    11:15pm ... we're in a trough, between rain bands. A few gusts, but the frogs are happy and we can hear them!

Still a long night to go before it moves out, but we're doing well, so far.

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    All this rain will help Drought in your area.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

mikechell
    Just a quick note.
    House made it through with only three shingles torn off.
    Yard made it through with a couple of small trees snapped off, but nothing major.
    Just got cable/internet back.
    Still running on a generator, so the fridge and freezer are still working. No A/C, so we are sweltering in place, at the moment.

I'll be back after power's been restored. Thanks for the concern, my friends.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX AthensMike's Avatar
    Glad y'all are okay Mike. Hate to bug you but I am sure you understand the concern. Hopefully you will get power soon.
    It's knowin' that your door is always open sideways and your path is free to walk......

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Thnaks Mike glad you ok buddy!!

Thanks for update Mike.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.

mikechell
    Still no power. Even getting online is a sweat producing activity. 81,000 people in my County, still without power.

Keeping fingers crossed. It's got to be on before Sunday afternoon, or I can't leave to do my job in Milwaukee.

mikechell
    Okay ... my hatred for Duke Energy has been lessened. Not by much, but power came on about 20 minutes ago, so it's not quite as burning.
    I am still going to put in inquiries to the other companies. We're at the end of the line. Two houses up, they are on FPL, and they've had power for the past two nights. Since we're that close, I am wondering if we can get changed over.

Rant aside, we are now back in the 21st century !!!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX AthensMike's Avatar
    Not a rant Mike. More like an observation. Hopefully you will be happier with the new provider and I hope y'all have a nice, comfortable evening. Y'all deserve it.
    It's knowin' that your door is always open sideways and your path is free to walk......

Great you have power back on. When hurricane Ike came through we didn't have power for two weeks. Others went 3-6 more weeks after us.