Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transducer install question

Member Hooked on FishingTX

Transducer install question

Hey guys, does this look right?

Install guide says at least 15 inches to the right of the motor and at least 2 inches from any strakes...

The small X is 14 inches from the motor, 4 inches outside the strake, and 4 inches from the edge of the boat...

Thanks for any help guys!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20171203_153251.jpg  

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Ok it looks ok, i mount mine even with bottom of boat or a tab lower As long as they read when you running they are good

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Looks good to me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9E55F6C2-3AA2-40AB-B520-EEF56CB6E8A0.jpeg 
Views:	23 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	41181

Name:	92417761-75AE-4B38-BD55-A9D2DD83FF72.jpeg 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	41182

Name:	095488E4-ED1C-405A-BC1B-E949ECA4CF3B.jpg 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	41183
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar
    From my limited experience and I have put a few on and knocked a bunch off I'd say you are right on the money with placement. One thing I would do is glue and ***** a piece of thick plastic like a cutting board or wood to where you are going to put the transducer. About 4-6" wide and down to the bottom of the boat. This will make having to change the depth or anything else much easier. Look around some places sell such an item or if you are a do it yourselfer you can come up with something. Make sure and silicone any screws going thru the transom.
    Jackie Kennedy
    Jackie Kennedy Fishing Guide

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

www.jackiekennedyfishingguide.com

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar
    **** was use a metal skrew
    Jackie Kennedy
    Jackie Kennedy Fishing Guide

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

www.jackiekennedyfishingguide.com

Thanks vett!! A Picture is worth a thousand words...or at least better than the 3 sentences in the installation guide.

Jackie, I was planning on pre-drilling the holes, filling them with epoxy, and then screwing into the epoxy filled holes so when everything cures and sets its all sealed up...but I guess that wouldn't leave me the option of adjusting it if I needed. Am scared to be drilling holes in the boat below waterline, thought about a stern saver but thought it was too pricey for what it is...but I also didn't consider needing to adjust the transducer if I needed...now thinking a stern save block might not be a bad purchase.

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    das two of my boats

Name:	trans1.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	41193

Name:	trans2.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	41194

Thanks Ben, that gives me some more perspective!

Tonight I drill and epoxy.

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gettin' Jiggy View Post
    Thanks vett!! A Picture is worth a thousand words...or at least better than the 3 sentences in the installation guide.

Jackie, I was planning on pre-drilling the holes, filling them with epoxy, and then screwing into the epoxy filled holes so when everything cures and sets its all sealed up...but I guess that wouldn't leave me the option of adjusting it if I needed. Am scared to be drilling holes in the boat below waterline, thought about a stern saver but thought it was too pricey for what it is...but I also didn't consider needing to adjust the transducer if I needed...now thinking a stern save block might not be a bad purchase.

Great Fishingtx could help you out. Ole Jackie and Ben are jack’s of all trades.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

Quote Originally Posted by Gettin' Jiggy View Post
    Tonight I drill and epoxy.
    What brand of epoxy are you using?