Thread: New neighbors

Senior Member Master in FishingTX AthensMike's Avatar

New neighbors

I have been described as anti-social by a few coworkers. Not true. I simply don't like to bother people.
    Yesterday I had the opportunity to meet my new neighbors. Young couple. They have been doing a lot of work on their place. It looks great. We exchanged phone numbers and I offered any help I could. They haven't purchased a tractor yet and I know he will need one eventually.
    They asked if we had a hog problem. We don't. They do. He showed me a spot 20 yds from the porch where hogs had been rooting. Looked like they come in from the top of the hill and head straight to the yard where the grass stays damp. This is about 100 yds from our house.
    I offered to help get rid of a few or at least run them off. Things could interesting and fun around here soon.
    It's knowin' that your door is always open sideways and your path is free to walk......

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Big hog trap.

I made a round coral trap in our yard when piggies we messing up my yard.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Bwhahahah sometimes being neighborly can get costly , neighbors moved in and were renting; their yard looked like **** , the lady said you know anyone has a lawn mower we can use we don't have one yet and we'll pay for the gas ?? so being nice guy that i am i mowed it for them , and mowed it for them and never seen gas or anything , sometime they have some illegal immigrants come by and mow it but then they let it get very long and i go mow it, they are antisocible . only see them when they get home from work and when they leave since they bought the house , still no mower still I mow it, been about a year now , wife says let it go but nice me cant stand a rental yard so i mow it oh but they bought the house , bad habits never die l
    I think new years resolution will be to let the neighbors be neighbors at a distance .
    Last edited by Gentleben; 12-31-2017 at 07:08 AM.