Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lil more salty fun

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar

Lil more salty fun

Got a call from BFT and he said hey a buddy called and said if we want to go fish at a private pier he has access to. Of course I answered yes before he finished. Lol.

With rain expected and front moving in we didn’t know what to the fishing would be like. We figured only way to know is go. We got there before sunrise. First cast in and already had a hook up with a sand trout. Sand trout were for sure on the morning bite. 30-40 mine after sunrise the bite stopped. We caught a few more but nothing like we were all catching them when we got there.

Also got a few nice sheepshead, small stingrays and the dreaded hardhead catfish. I only took a couple pics. I didn’t get pic of cooler with the fish we kept. We let the guy that invited us keep them. They were going to have a fish fry.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02EAE303-4134-4222-A5B6-854D67F3D1BF.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	41184

Name:	24B47031-2F46-4A9F-B109-7452CA6465E7.jpg 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	41185

Pier was guarded by this creepy owl. Lol

Name:	9122832E-2B13-4B7B-B08B-B0011A2BA3B4.jpg 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	41186
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar
    Sheepshead are some fine eating, to me best of all the croaker/drum family.
    Jackie Kennedy
    Jackie Kennedy Fishing Guide

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

www.jackiekennedyfishingguide.com

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar
    I also request the Saltwater section be removed from fishingTX, every time I look at I have an adverse reaction and start slobbering at the mouth and go into a jerking spell.
    Jackie Kennedy
    Jackie Kennedy Fishing Guide

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

www.jackiekennedyfishingguide.com

Moderator Master in FishingTX dan_wrider's Avatar
    Lol, Jackie. I just experience extreme jealousy. Love those sandies. Take them over specs to eat any day as long as I'm cooking them before having to freeze them.
    Oh, my friend . What time is this . To trade the handshake for the fist

Admin Crappie Champion Master in FishingTX SKsCrappie's Avatar
    That was a busy catchn trip.....WTG y'all....
    ENJOY THE HUNT OR STAY HOME.....
    PFD's SAVES LIVES.....WEAR IT.....

Member Hooked on FishingTX
    Man...let the drooling begin!! Nothing tastes better than same day caught fish...I'll bet they were very happy to get the fish.

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    ust be what wron gwith my bro wanna be wifes dawg he goes t oslobberig and can't stop
    Thanks for story and pics
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiekennedyfishingguide.com View Post
    I also request the Saltwater section be removed from fishingTX, every time I look at I have an adverse reaction and start slobbering at the mouth and go into a jerking spell.

Thanks guys.

Man this private pier was very very nice. House was beautiful. The old man that owns it hasn’t been there in over 2 years. He lives on big ranch in Hockley. Raises high dollar cattle. He even lets them use his boat. Lol. Tells them they are doing him a favor by using the place and boat. He has a grounds/maintenance guys that maintains the place. Pier goes out about 100yds into water. They have big lights for night fishing.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.

Quote Originally Posted by jackiekennedyfishingguide.com View Post
    Haha.

Moderator Master in FishingTX dan_wrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vett0111 View Post
    Thanks guys.

Man this private pier was very very nice. House was beautiful. The old man that owns it hasn’t been there in over 2 years. He lives on big ranch in Hockley. Raises high dollar cattle. He even lets them use his boat. Lol. Tells them they are doing him a favor by using the place and boat. He has a grounds/maintenance guys that maintains the place. Pier goes out about 100yds into water. They have big lights for night fishing.
    You gotta give it a go one night and see if the specs show up.
    Oh, my friend . What time is this . To trade the handshake for the fist