Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are you an expert at?

Spyder Man Master in FishingTX Dutch's Avatar

What are you an expert at?

Lots of folks on here who are experts and things other than fishing, like gardening, welding, woodworking, BBQing, etc. What are you expert at? May be some people here who might want occasional advice.

Me... Won the Texas state Grand Championship twice with my wife in outdoor Dutch oven cooking. I can teach you how to make anything in a Dutch oven, happy to give lessons.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX AthensMike's Avatar
    Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Kind of depressing now that I think about it.
    It's knowin' that your door is always open sideways and your path is free to walk......

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Funny AM.

I’m no expert either. I like cooking bbq and other stuff. Starting wood work and working with deer antlers.

I have never cooked with a Dutch oven. Like to learn tho. My uncle use to make a flat bread in one. I tried to get recipe from him. He passed away suddenly and no one ever got recipe from him. I miss him a lot. He took me fishing when I was very young. He took time to show me how to fish and spend time showing me how to be respectful to others.

I will say I have tasted Dutch’s peach cobbler he makes in a Dutch oven. I can see how you won state championship.

As for work I run 3 warehouse that supplies material for new apartments. I learned everything from the grounds up here. I learned a lot here. I can cut glass, make frames mirrors, key locks, run delivery drivers, make sure orders are pulled and keep processes from office to warehouse run smoothly. Not a expert but real good at multitasking. Lol
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar
    I do believe this thread and topic have lots of potential. If folks will just take the time to think of what they are good at and enjoy doing. Probably a lot more are very experienced at varied things but don't consider themselves experts but very experienced and those will sure beat a non educated guess.
    Lots of us have problems and could use advice and some one on one input.
    Jackie Kennedy
    Jackie Kennedy Fishing Guide

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

www.jackiekennedyfishingguide.com

Senior Member Master in FishingTX GILBERT G's Avatar
    Im an Expert Taco Eater ... when i bite into a taco i can Identify every ingredient an type of meat ... try me make some tacos I'll come taste them ...lol
    God Be With You

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Tamales how woudl you make tamales on cast iron
    I am a xpert at nothing but i work on everythin gfrom small gas engines to sewing machines '''''
    We cans start a recipe section

'

Ben, make up the tamales, pack them standing on end (open top up) into a deep Dutch oven til it's full. Add a cup of water to the pot and steam them until they are done.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX GILBERT G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Ben, make up the tamales, pack them standing on end (open top up) into a deep Dutch oven til it's full. Add a cup of water to the pot and steam them until they are done.
    smoke a cigar till they'er done
    God Be With You

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar
    I just knew some of the mo experienced folks would show their true colors. It's a known fact Gilbert is a taco expert and a first class machinist or so I'm told. Ben is a cast iron guru and a 1st class jackal or jack of all trades and will tinker till his heart is content. I do garden a bit and can/preserve some dang good jelly, jams, and nearly anything that is sweet to eat. I will be glad to help anyone with gardening problems and/or canning-freezing-drying produce. I do fish a dab now and then for mud sharks aka bluecatts
    Jackie Kennedy
    Jackie Kennedy Fishing Guide

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

www.jackiekennedyfishingguide.com

Gil knows I time my cooking with cigars.