Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TOO MANY Tournaments on Sam Rayburn

Member Hooked on FishingTX

Unhappy TOO MANY Tournaments on Sam Rayburn

I've been watching this calendar for months...

https://fishoutlawoutdoors.com/sam-r...t_format~json/

Did you know there is an average of SEVEN tournaments on Lake Sam Rayburn every weekend of the year?

I recently returned to bassing after a 15-year layoff. I feel like an old man yearning for the days when Rayburn was not crawling with rude, obnoxious tournament players.

In the past, tournament players were not as inconsiderate and hateful as they are today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uDPPEHi.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	41534

Admin Crappie Champion Master in FishingTX SKsCrappie's Avatar
    Money=greed, greed=inconsiderate, its all about me me me.....
    You ever chase some of those BIG OLE crappie over yonder?
    ENJOY THE HUNT OR STAY HOME.....
    PFD's SAVES LIVES.....WEAR IT.....

Senior Member Master in FishingTX AthensMike's Avatar
    Don't let those folks keep YOU from doing something you enjoy Mr Carlie Primero. As someone who very seldom gets out on a lake, I am curious what these folks are doing that upsets you. In my own personal opinion, I think folks as a whole have gotten more rude, selfish and inconsiderate. Worse in the city. This is one of the reasons I avoid the public except for the job.
    But.......I still witness the best of people too. I try to focus on that and let the buttheads be buttheads. Major reason I visit this site on a daily basis. Good folks round here. Dang good folks.
    It's knowin' that your door is always open sideways and your path is free to walk......

Quote Originally Posted by silentkilla View Post
    You ever chase some of those BIG OLE crappie over yonder?
    I do. I get them on worms from my backyard more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by AthensMike View Post
    I am curious what these folks are doing that upsets you.
    They tend to be rude and unfriendly in general at the ramps and throw trash in the parking lots, but I don't mind that.

What I do mind is when they fly into a cove at 50 mph where I'm sitting, cut the throttle suddenly to create huge waves, circle me fast at 20 feet away while staring into their Sonar, then blast out at full-throttle. 5 minutes later in comes another one.

The also run at top speed while it's still dark and crash into people like this...

http://www.kjas.com/news/local_news/...d58ad3e99.html

If you complain by saying something like "Hey fella, please don't run up on us so fast" they scream filthy curses like "F**K YOU DUMBAZZ HILLBILLY!!" or some other hatefulness rather than apologize.

They live in Houston or Dallas, so that don't care if the locals like them. They will be gone to some other lake next weekend.

Moderator Master in FishingTX dan_wrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Primero View Post
    I do. I get them on worms from my backyard more than anything.
    Killa's head just exploded :-)

I hear ya bout running wide open in the dark. See it ANYtime you launch on Conroe before daylight.
    Oh, my friend . What time is this . To trade the handshake for the fist

Senior Member Master in FishingTX AthensMike's Avatar
    It would be extremely unfortunate if someone were to have a malfunction with a flare gun. Simple safety test.
    It's knowin' that your door is always open sideways and your path is free to walk......

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Wow that’s a lot of tournaments. Yes, money driven.

Charlie you bass fishing? 15 years break from fishing? I took a break from hunting and fishing and became a workaholic. That break was about the death of me.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Charlie; those rude abnoxious bass guys are like that everywhere on the road at walmarts in the neighbor hood s . i got one lives up the streeet , he has a very nice bass boat the keeps under a canopy but in his front yard is a junky ole truck with engine laying in the drive way he has about three or four homeowners violations and he does no tcare ,apparentlyClick image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	41535

Quote Originally Posted by vett0111 View Post
    Charlie you bass fishing? 15 years break from fishing?
    Yes. I hunt the wiley bass, but I'm not particularly good at it.

As with motorcycle riding, the point of it for me is to enjoy the "zen" of the activity itself, not to rush to the destination, or score a big catch.

When I was young fishing was a way to get out of the house and blow off steam from the work-week with my best friends on the weekends drinking and jawing and fishing.

When my fishing buddies moved away, I took up motorcycle touring.

Now I don't drink, and sold my bikes. Now fishing is mostly a way to spend time with my elderly Father whom I love a lot. He's not long for this world. Bassing and jugging is about the only activity we can do together away from the chattering women. I dig it.

I admit, this is part of the reason I dislike the rude Tournament Players. They are not there for the Fishing. They are there for the sponsor boat decals, points lists, and competition with other men. To me, that's not Fishing as the Good Lord intended.