Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TOO MANY Tournaments on Sam Rayburn

Member Hooked on FishingTX
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentleben View Post
    rude abnoxious bass guys are like that everywhere on the road at walmarts in the neighbor hoods
    I know that type Ben. We have them in my neighborhood.

I notice they also tend to have loud pipes on their trucks, and drive like maniacs down our neighborhood streets, kids be damned.

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    "(Qoute)They are there for the sponsor boat decals, points lists, and competition with other men. To me, that's not Fishing as the Good Lord intended. " must be wh yal lmy bass fisherman left , but i ireally dont care becasue i dont sponsor or look up to those kindah folks .
    in case you missed the FTX mission statemen tis to teach people how to fish and catch fish. Porverb says ; givge a man a fiush you feed him for todaty , teach him how to fish and you'll feed him ferever!!
    SO most folks what are ompeteive wont stay long eitehr they leave or i cut them out or sometimes liek SK they get a promotion!!
    SK is a good example of teh Mission statemen t becasue he cathes fish and shows folks how to do it the y follow him around the lake lie a covey of ducklings then ihad another one clained he was teh bes tand he could cathc some fish bu the did no tontribute and discourage folks fro mcontributing info and pictures , first chance i got and he was gone gone gone !!
    Weare gald yo uand your dad are here Charlie primero
    Thye acttin g as they sometimes do i wil l take their picss and share them with my Lake PAtrol buddies ..Thye neeed to give you at least 50 f t clearence

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Primero View Post
    Yes. I hunt the wiley bass, but I'm not particularly good at it.

As with motorcycle riding, the point of it for me is to enjoy the "zen" of the activity itself, not to rush to the destination, or score a big catch.

When I was young fishing was a way to get out of the house and blow off steam from the work-week with my best friends on the weekends drinking and jawing and fishing.

When my fishing buddies moved away, I took up motorcycle touring.

Now I don't drink, and sold my bikes. Now fishing is mostly a way to spend time with my elderly Father whom I love a lot. He's not long for this world. Bassing and jugging is about the only activity we can do together away from the chattering women. I dig it.

I admit, this is part of the reason I dislike the rude Tournament Players. They are not there for the Fishing. They are there for the sponsor boat decals, points lists, and competition with other men. To me, that's not Fishing as the Good Lord intended.

Great you get out fishing with your dad. That is cool in my book.

Chasin bass is always fun. Combo fishing by adding in jugging I like it.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

Member Hooked on FishingTX
    Quote Originally Posted by vett0111 View Post
    Great you get out fishing with your dad. That is cool in my book. Chasin bass is always fun. Combo fishing by adding in jugging I like it.
    Thanks!

My general fishing pattern is:

* Dig up worms from compost heap with flashlight.

* Pick up Dad on the way to lake

* Cast net for shad with headlamp. I cast. Dad picks 'em up from the ground.

* Set out juglines.

* Put poles in rod holders with bobbers and worms.

* Troll around casting for bass

* Reverse

This way I catch bass, crappie, and cats.

I'm thinking of going to a fish trap for shad instead of net casting because the netting eats up a lot of time in the morning.

I would put out the shad trap out when I arrive, collect the trapped shad on my way home in the evening, freeze them, and repeat next trip.

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Primero View Post
    Thanks!

My general fishing pattern is:

* Dig up worms from compost heap with flashlight.

* Pick up Dad on the way to lake

* Cast net for shad with headlamp. I cast. Dad picks 'em up from the ground.

* Set out juglines.

* Put poles in rod holders with bobbers and worms.

* Troll around casting for bass

* Reverse

This way I catch bass, crappie, and cats.

I'm thinking of going to a fish trap for shad instead of net casting because the netting eats up a lot of time in the morning.

I would put out the shad trap out when I arrive, collect the trapped shad on my way home in the evening, freeze them, and repeat next trip.

You got it down.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    tO A t