Thread: Accountability

Senior Member Master in FishingTX AthensMike's Avatar

Accountability

I am making another attempt at putting down the smokes. I start the patch tomorrow which has been successful in the past. I have done this before and I know what worked for me. I have no excuses other than being weak. If anyone has any tips on kicking this nasty habit I would appreciate it. But alas, this all comes down to me. I have done this before. Such a nasty, expensive habit. Time to do this.
    It's knowin' that your door is always open sideways and your path is free to walk......

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    You can do it!!
    November 25 1992 i have to confess i was addicted to nicotine and alcohol . I had for many years tried to quit; then i found Jesus and i tried to give Him my smokes and alcohol.. one of the good church goers had told me to given them to the Lord he said and i tried but then i realized the Lord did not smoke or drink and i would have to give them up before He would help me not to pick them up. It was not easy but here it is 2018 and i am alcohol and tabacco free , started chewing gum and gained a lot of weight.
    ASK God to give you the strength to stand against the Tobacco spirits .
    Good luck my brother

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Can’t help you hear. I tried it when I was young. I just never liked them, cost of them, or the smell of them. That was a long while back. Those jokers are crazy price now.

Good luck and stay strong buddy.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

Moderator Master in FishingTX dan_wrider's Avatar
    Mike, if patches work for ya, do it to it. Addictive personalities do not kick addiction. We can only replace it.
    A good vaporizer helped me replace a 21 yr Marlboro habit. Started w/18 mg nicotine and down to 6 now. Still bad for the heart and ain't "cheap" but does not have the cancer causing carcinogens or bad smell. Just a thought if the patches aren't doing it.
    Oh, my friend . What time is this . To trade the handshake for the fist

Senior Member Master in FishingTX GILBERT G's Avatar
    Mr mike i was a long time pipe smoker then i went on to smoking cigars for 11 years
    two yrs ago my cardiologist asked me to stop smoking for a week cause he was going to run a
    nuclear stress test an for better results i needed to stop so i did he asked if i needed help doing
    so an i simply told him no i said " i can set my mind to do what ever i want " well the week went by
    took the test everything was good and i never smoked again an i don't miss it at all its been two yrs
    this month ...moral of the story is... Its all on your mind ..your mind controls everything you do or say
    good luck hope this will help you...
    God Be With You

it is all in your mind he said , if you don't mind it don't matter ..I know my son quit by hypnotism , but his wife had all kinds of problems , she had the bends and all kinds if withdrawals so no two people will behave the same t o removing the addictions...Gil is correct in saying the battle is in your head .. when i smell a certain type of smoke like the cigars Dutch smokes it gives me the hivey jiveYs for one but i know can and will not ever pick them up again....

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar
    In my personal life I gave em up in 1990 but replaced it with snuff. A very unwise move being as the snuff was much more difficult to kick than the cigarettes. When you make up your mind and get mad at yourself for letting a little cigarette control your life you have it whipped.
    I guess different people do it different ways, but whatever it takes. I don't know of anyone that regrets quitting.
    Also a doctor told my father that you only need two cigarettes a day for the nicotine fix, the rest of em are just a nervous habit.
    Jackie Kennedy
    Jackie Kennedy Fishing Guide

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

www.jackiekennedyfishingguide.com

Senior Member Master in FishingTX AthensMike's Avatar
    Thanx for the advice and support. I really appreciate it. I have cut the nasty expensive habit in half thus far. Not acceptable but I am making progress. Started working out again on a regular basis and that is how I stopped in the past. Time to establish Alpha status again. Such a waste of hard earned money. Stupid cigarettes. Stupid I say.
    It's knowin' that your door is always open sideways and your path is free to walk......

"you can do it!!'