Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Port O'Connor June 18-21

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar

Fishing Port O'Connor June 18-21

We have plans to go fish Port O'Connor, leaving Monday June 18 and staying until the 21, maybe longer if the fishing is good maybe less it not. As my luck would have it the rain and stormy conditions will blow in about the same time. I've discovered fishing is an in exact science and the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray.
    Jackie Kennedy
    Jackie Kennedy Fishing Guide

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

www.jackiekennedyfishingguide.com

Senior Member Master in FishingTX GILBERT G's Avatar
    good luck on your fishing trip.. we are expecting rainy weather lets hope it blows North East
    God Be With You

Senior Member Master in FishingTX AthensMike's Avatar
    what is this rain thing you speak of?
    It's knowin' that your door is always open sideways and your path is free to walk......

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Good luck

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Get your saltwater fix Jackie.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar
    As of right now I plan to go and attempt to net some carp and or buffalo in the AM to put on ice. Also some big gizzard shad. Bait is somewhat of a problem down in Port O'Connor unless you like shrimp and frozen sardines. I know shrimp is most peoples go to bait but I prefer something with a little size to it. Crabs are my #1 bait but so far have not found an outlet for them at Port O. At Sabine they are readily available at seafood shops for $12 a dozen and that is very bearable.
    Jackie Kennedy

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Good Luck

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiekennedyfishingguide.com View Post
    As of right now I plan to go and attempt to net some carp and or buffalo in the AM to put on ice. Also some big gizzard shad. Bait is somewhat of a problem down in Port O'Connor unless you like shrimp and frozen sardines. I know shrimp is most peoples go to bait but I prefer something with a little size to it. Crabs are my #1 bait but so far have not found an outlet for them at Port O. At Sabine they are readily available at seafood shops for $12 a dozen and that is very bearable.

Crabs are great. We fish live mullet a lot. I have not tried cut bait in saltwater for reds. Caught sharks on it before.

Fished many years ago with a guide in port o and we used sardines. Limited out on reds fishing the Jetties. Also caught a few bull reds.

Whole crab or cut in half?
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

We have always cut the crabs in half and they have never failed at the jetties in Sabine Pass, but have never had them available in Port O'Connor. Frozen sardines, cut lady fish or whatever we can come up with to cut usually works great. I also like some live mullet but don't know where to net them.
    Jackie Kennedy

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Bait run this AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	667.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	42042Click image for larger version. 

Name:	669.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	143.8 KB 
ID:	42043Click image for larger version. 

Name:	670.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	129.8 KB 
ID:	42044
    Jackie Kennedy

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793