Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beautiful water and big Bull Reds

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar

Beautiful water and big Bull Reds

We have been working like crazy lately. My buddy Mark said let’s forget work for a day and go fishing. I said sounds like a great idea.

We planned on BFT joining us. He couldn’t make it. Asked a couple other guys and they couldn’t get a pass to go. Asked couple more guys and they were able to go. Guys we asked work for me and have been working hard in this crazy heat. Figured a fishing trip would help recharge the drained batteries. Turned out to be a great trip.

We met up at boat dock ready for a day of fishing. Our plan was just like always. Go catch fresh mullet for bait. As we take turns with cast net we fish with live shrimp.

Not as many pics taken as I like. Fishing with new guys they haven’t sent me pics they took. Or they are half pics or finger covering part of pic. lol

Caught a few ladyfish, whiting and specs as we were catching bait.

Here are a few tho

In honor of shark week I had to do my part.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A8794C03-19DC-40AE-A6B4-CA978460BEC4.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	42115

Big Bull Red

Name:	5AA15DBD-94ED-4A8D-84C8-666E537940C7.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	42116

Big Bull Red

Name:	80446D35-8127-4142-9EF1-767EA34E8E8C.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	42114
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

Senior Member Master in FishingTX GILBERT G's Avatar
    Nice catch water looks very calm
    God Be With You

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar
    OK some detail was not listed. What part of the salt water pond. All in all a wonderful outing, did you not cut the lady fish? They are right up there with crabs for reds to me. Here again I do like fresh caught finger mullet. Thanks for posting and stirring my inner lust for the reds.
    Jackie Kennedy
    Jackie Kennedy Fishing Guide

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

www.jackiekennedyfishingguide.com

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    wow i thought it was the jackie kennedy show again!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank for posting

Senior Member Master in FishingTX AthensMike's Avatar
    Great photos Vetto. What species is the Shark? They have always fascinated me for some reason. Prolly cause of Jaws or something.
    Kudos to you for offering up a trip to yourself and the crew who endured the last heat wave. It was a bit heavy. I am quite sure y'all earned it. Are y'all hiring?
    It's knowin' that your door is always open sideways and your path is free to walk......

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar
    and just to let the flock of fishingTX know I'm in the works for a Galveston shark fishing outing next week. I had a friend call and invite me, date to be announced ASAP.
    Jackie Kennedy

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

Quote Originally Posted by jackiekennedyfishingguide.com View Post
    OK some detail was not listed. What part of the salt water pond. All in all a wonderful outing, did you not cut the lady fish? They are right up there with crabs for reds to me. Here again I do like fresh caught finger mullet. Thanks for posting and stirring my inner lust for the reds.

Thanks guys.

San Luis Pass is the the salty fishing area.

No on lady fish getting cut up. I’ll try next time. I have never really tried cut bait there. Used it in bass and have always caught nasty hardheaded.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.

Quote Originally Posted by AthensMike View Post
    Great photos Vetto. What species is the Shark? They have always fascinated me for some reason. Prolly cause of Jaws or something.
    Kudos to you for offering up a trip to yourself and the crew who endured the last heat wave. It was a bit heavy. I am quite sure y'all earned it. Are y'all hiring?
    Small black tip shark. I’m the same on fascinated on them. I want to catch a big one.

Sorry not hiring anyone. Just making it through laying folks off. Tough to get as much as we get done with even fewer folks.
    Last edited by vett0111; 07-30-2018 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackiekennedyfishingguide.com View Post
    and just to let the flock of fishingTX know I'm in the works for a Galveston shark fishing outing next week. I had a friend call and invite me, date to be announced ASAP.
    Shark fishing trip???? Awesome. Keep us posted.

My friend was down last week and the four managed a dozen by 9:45 with 4 being 100# or better. Said they told the guide we are tuckered and lets go. I imagine two would be my limit. He is taking his boat, I think I'm ready for it, but in reality unsure. I don't need another expensive habit.
    Jackie Kennedy

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793