Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New car

Senior Member Master in FishingTX AthensMike's Avatar
    The folks at the dealership with the Hyundai can kiss my a$$. Did not honor our verbal agreement in any way, shape or form. This was a perfect car. I walked out after an hour and a half (wasted my lunch hour). Since then, they have called me at least 100 times and magically remembered our verbal agreement. I haven't even talked to them at all. They wasted my time. I really don't appreciate that. It cost them a sale.
    Well, I drove to Cleburne today and bought a 2013 Mini Cooper. I made the drive expecting to get yanked around again but the salesman I spoke with was very straight forward. Extremely easy process. I gotta admit I had fun on the test drive. I've missed driving a stick shift.
    I will post some sideways photos Sunday. I think a made the right decision. My truck has earned its semi retirement. The savings in fuel will pay for the go cart. What do you guys think?
    It's knowin' that your door is always open sideways and your path is free to walk......

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Mini Cooper???

A buddy of mine had one and liked it. Only reason he doesn’t have it now is cause someone ran into him and totaled it.

Terrible to hear the hundyi dealership did you wrong. They didn’t deserve to make the sale from you.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

2013 Mini Cooper. 67000 miles. 2 door hatchback. Very gadgety. Maybe even weird. Tiny little car. Engine requires premium gasoline but gets the MPG I was looking for. The cars I wanted were a bit out of my range or very high mileage. OR, the dealership refused to shoot straight.
    Good deal or bust, I trust the dealership I purchased the go cart from. I actually enjoyed the short test drive. Actually had fun behind the wheel. Mark my words. My wife will end up driving this car and I will buy a Honda or Toyota. My Tundra is still a beast at 250000 miles but fuel cost is expensive.
    Wish me luck fellas.
    It's knowin' that your door is always open sideways and your path is free to walk......

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar
    I just find this extremely hard to believe! A car salesman jerking you around. Son car salesmen are the king of JERK AROUND. It's a game to the good ones, or the ones who think they are good. Believe me I was once in the game for a long period of time. You learn to lie, twist the truth like the very best in short order. I don't have time to go over all the common ones, but I'm sure you experienced some first hand.The best ones try to get you to walk so they can lure you back, the really good ones never let you walk all the way to your vehicle. Would you give? What do I have to do to sell you this car today? On used cars it's harder to bait and switch than on new ones.
    I don't miss the car business one little bit and hate dealing with them even to this day. I still do when it is just totally a necessary.
    Congratulation on the Mini Cooper, a friend of mine has one and he and his wife love it, it was white with a black top and he had the top painted white and had COOPER putdown the side in big black letters. I believe a factory or dealer option. It is in cursive.
    Jackie Kennedy
    Jackie Kennedy Fishing Guide

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

www.jackiekennedyfishingguide.com

Quote Originally Posted by jackiekennedyfishingguide.com View Post
    I just find this extremely hard to believe! A car salesman jerking you around. Son car salesmen are the king of JERK AROUND. It's a game to the good ones, or the ones who think they are good. Believe me I was once in the game for a long period of time. You learn to lie, twist the truth like the very best in short order. I don't have time to go over all the common ones, but I'm sure you experienced some first hand.The best ones try to get you to walk so they can lure you back, the really good ones never let you walk all the way to your vehicle. Would you give? What do I have to do to sell you this car today? On used cars it's harder to bait and switch than on new ones.
    I don't miss the car business one little bit and hate dealing with them even to this day. I still do when it is just totally a necessary.
    Congratulation on the Mini Cooper, a friend of mine has one and he and his wife love it, it was white with a black top and he had the top painted white and had COOPER putdown the side in big black letters. I believe a factory or dealer option. It is in cursive.
    Funny. I've met you. Just can't picture you as a shady car salesman. But, as usual, you are spot on. I managed to walk out of 2 dealerships. Followed me to the truck like little evil, starving puppies begging for a scrap of food. Hundreds of calls at all times of the day from different numbers. I ignore them like they ignored my simple request. The dealership I purchased from was different. Told them exactly what I could do over the phone and they honored that deal. Easy transaction.
    This car will take some getting used to. I didn't even know how to start it or turn it off. Too much computer stuff and it feels like sitting in an airplane cock pit. But that's what manuals are for. Still, I can't wait to drive it again.
    Sideways photos later.

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar
    because you was once in the car game doesn't mean you will always act and do like they are trained to do. What they do is training the stealer ships aka dealerships put them thru. To make the high grosses and be top salesman requires some deception. Many use different forms or approaches. After they develop a customer base it becomes a different ball game, but most jump around so much they never achieve that. The grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence. I've been out of the auto sales game since 1976, but some things never change only improve.
    Jackie Kennedy

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

I agree JK. Salesman was just the front man. Little has changed in the business. I guess my level of patience has.
    I have photos of the go cart but they will be sideways. It was a fun, weird 180 mile round trip commute today. Very low to the ground. If I were to go through a fast food joint they would have to lower the bag down with a rope. Other than that huge adjustment............the car was comfortable. Great throttle response with the manual transmission. Takes curves like a go cart but better. The fuel gauge might be broke because it barely moved. I kinda like it.

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Haha. Lower food down to ya.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

I've tried to post a photo or two but they are always sideways. I have an idea that might work. Will try this weekend. Not that anyone really cares.
    I absolutely love this little car. I admit it. Huge contrast from driving a Tundra and Ram 3500 on a daily basis. It has the feel of a go cart. No other way to explain it. It corners every bit as good as the bike. Average 40 mpg so far. Like JK said, the savings in fuel pays for the little car. I've watched " The Italian Job " a dozen times and that gives me a few ideas. But I will need an assistant.
    Forgive me for being so happy about a used car. I feel like I made a good investment. Non sideways photos this weekend. Hopefully.

AthensMike you deserve to be happy about a car. Regardless if it's new or used it's new to you and you like it. After all that is all that's important, you needed a car and found one that pleases you. Car shopping is like pushing a rope around and never easy because of all the deception and just plain dishonesty. I know not all car salesmen are jerks, idiots, and/or liars but it sure is easy to lump a lot of them into that category.
    A friend of mine out in Milsap recently purchased a miniCooper it was white with a black top and he had the top painted white and had Cooper in cursive letters put down the side. I don't' know if it's a decal or paint but it looks good. he and his wife love the car.
    I'm very proud you are pleased with your purchase and wish you the best of luck with it.
    Jackie Kennedy

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793