Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New car

Senior Member Master in FishingTX AthensMike's Avatar

New car

The time has come. I need to retire the truck from the work commute. Almost 1000 miles per work week. Sitting at 247,000 miles right now. Great truck. I want to save what it has left for trips to Lowes and other chores the wife has in store.
    I need a good, small used car with low mileage. Gas mileage is what I'm looking for. Smart car is completely out of the question. I am leaning toward a Honda Civic. Reviews are acceptable and I have friends that own them. Affordable.
    I have not driven or rode in a car in several years. The wife's jeep included. I am in a truck 97.2 percent of the time. Driving a small car on a daily basis is going to take a bit of an adjustment. The gas mileage will hopefully help this adjustment. Should have done this sooner.
    Any advice is appreciated.
    It's knowin' that your door is always open sideways and your path is free to walk......

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    I’d say a Honda Civic would be a good choice.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Ford focus very reliable .economical and depenedable

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar
    If it was me I'd look no further than a Honda or Toyota. I know others make a few good cars. If you want the true inside scoop go to a big wrecking yard and talk to a counter guy. He will know the cars that stand up best and are the most in demand.
    and most impotent to know is if the monkey can drive a standard shift
    and like Forrest, thats all I know about that.
    Last edited by jackiekennedyfishingguide.com; 10-24-2018 at 07:27 AM.
    Jackie Kennedy
    Jackie Kennedy Fishing Guide

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

www.jackiekennedyfishingguide.com

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Monkey see and monkey do........

Senior Member Master in FishingTX AthensMike's Avatar
    I am leaning towards a civic. The ford and Toyota are also an option. Small Honda engines are beasts. I will drive it no less than 1000 miles per week. I think fuel prices are going to get really high soon. I want to save the truck for truck errands. It has earned it.
    Forgive me fellas. I hate taking on extra payments. This, I believe, is something I should have done a year ago. It is in my budget. But........it's a car. A little bitty car.
    It's knowin' that your door is always open sideways and your path is free to walk......

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    With amount of driving you do I think your making a good choice.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar
    The savings in gasoline will most likely pay for the vehicle and insurance. compute your mileage now and the mileage the economy vehicle will get.
    Jackie Kennedy

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Metalcutterr's Avatar
    I bought a 2009 Honda Accord with 110,000 miles on it for my 100 round trip commute to a from work in 2015. The car has been great 28 MPG and has 165,000 miles on it now. Company closed so I got a new job, my commute is only 14 miles round trip now for work but I still love the Honda. My wife drives a 2007 Acura that we got in 09 and we haven't had any problems with either vehicle. We will definitely keep Honda autos in the family for now on.
    For me going fishing is just about getting outdoors. Catching fish is just a bonus.

Hard to go wrong with a Honda. remember what they told us back in the 70's. This is what the world is coming to. They was sure right about that. Acura is Honda's top of the line just as Lexus is Toyota flag ship.
    Sad to say because I was a 100% Chevrolet guy for the largest portion of my life, back when I was racing and running everything for all it had. Now GM is second or third tier maybe even further down the line.
    Jackie Kennedy

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793