Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No more internal combustin engines

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar

No more internal combustin engines

Heard today that if in 10 years the internal combustion engine will be obsolete if some folks have their way.
    Anyone else hear that...
    Last edited by Gentleben; 02-19-2019 at 04:04 PM.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX AthensMike's Avatar
    Haven't heard this yet Ben but it doesn't surprise me at all. As a matter of fact, NOTHING surprises me anymore.
    It's knowin' that your door is always open sideways and your path is free to walk......

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme flatcats's Avatar
    No, they'll still be around. Humanity makes stunning progress each year but as the technology improves, the price rises. I'd be more inclined to believe future technology will become essentially unaffordable to the regular guy and gal long before the economical internal combustion engine becomes obsolete...
    I'm not a sportsman, I'm a fisherman. There's a difference.

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar
    I've had a few folks on the boat with internal combustion problems, but they eventually let it out. One eve marked the side of the boat(I'll not even mention any names). Hello Gentleben
    Jackie Kennedy
    Jackie Kennedy Fishing Guide

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

www.jackiekennedyfishingguide.com

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiekennedyfishingguide.com View Post
    I've had a few folks on the boat with internal combustion problems, but they eventually let it out. One eve marked the side of the boat(I'll not even mention any names). Hello Gentleben

Haha. Your on a roll JK
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

I’ve heard that Ben but also heard oil Co have deep pockets and use their $$$ to buy up any patents that someone get for these engines.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Considering the source even i dont beiieve it and ex bar fly becoming governor , imagine that, some folks getting pretty desperate !!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by vett0111 View Post
    I’ve heard that Ben but also heard oil Co have deep pockets and use their $$$ to buy up any patents that someone get for these engines.

Most Famous Fishing Guide in Texas Master in FishingTX jackiekennedyfishingguide.com's Avatar
    If you don't think oil companies have lots of political and other pull get this. In 1955 Chevrolet introduced their new overhead valve V8 and it was designed to run on 4 quarts of oil. The oil companies raised such a stink that General Motors added a remote oil filter and raised the engine capacity to a 5 Qt. motor.
    Now what that had to do with the original thread I really don't know.
    Jackie Kennedy
    Jackie Kennedy Fishing Guide

Full time fishing guide
    903-603-3793

Clients and I have caught 8 state and 18 water body records. The latest was a blue cat from Cedar Creek Lake on Christmas Day 2014 going 64.8# One of thirty-six TPWD Elite Anglers

www.jackiekennedyfishingguide.com

They gotta keep them deep pockets filled.

Junior Member Hooked on FishingTX
    Haven't heard this yet Ben but it doesn't surprise me at all