Well, turns out...it wasnt about what I wasnt doing right. It was more about what I was doing wrong. Turns out a crappie sized fish shows up muuuch bigger than I thought on my depthfinder. I've probably been chasing shad and perch all over the place

Ran over a good sized school of them in the kayak...looked like floating paper plates. Catching them was the easy part...this time.

I lost a few good ones before they got to the boat. And I opened the soft cooler to transfer the fish from there to the stringer. Bloop....bloop...two of them did a "free willy" on me. Lol. Guess thats natures way of saying leave a few for seed. Lots of 13"ers. Threw back a handful of 10.5s. Still came home with the 25.

Cant tell you how many times I counted them to make sure I wasnt over or under the limit. I felt like SK....even had the potlickers driving by me in their boat marking the GPS. These fish weren't holding on structure...more of a contour. Even had one fella bout splash me with the lure and go over my line....I was nearly vertical jigging. Felt wierd...no one ever tries to copy my fishing....lol. Hard to believe folks will get so close to someone fishing. Whole part of the lake was open. They flogged the spot up and caught no fish. Glad I was done with the limit or it would have been more frustrating.

Also caught a bass a hair over 6lb. Talk about peeling drag.

Sure was fun finally figuring out what I was doing wrong. Got enough for a fish fry with family and friends.