Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SK'ed me some crappie this morning.... Limit by 9:15

Senior Member Master in FishingTX jeremy86360's Avatar
    Tandem rig. Bobby Garland blue ice white head on top. Plain old Charteuse dime a dozen marabou from Wally World on the bottom.

Honestly, I dont think it mattered on the color. Both caught equally. Was what I had tied on just because was a bright sunny day. Pretty sure any color would have worked. Every fish I cleaned had an empty stomach.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX AthensMike's Avatar
    Did you happen to get a photo of the BASS???
    Really nice to have you here on the forum Jeremy.
    It's knowin' that your door is always open sideways and your path is free to walk......

No photo unfortunately. Had my phone below deck in a waterproof case. A guy in a boat saw me with the bent pole. I figured it was a yellow cat. He stopped to watch. When he saw it was a bass, asked if I was going to weigh it. I told him nah I didnt have a scale. He had one and I paddled over to him. Was a touch over 6 on the boga grip scale.

It's good to be here. Great group of folks on here. Its a small circle of folks...but a darn good one.

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    thanks jeremy many of the folks what frequent this board and probbaly many others just come here for what they can get from you/us . they are scared to death that if they post a picture of some fish that someone will go find their spot and catch thier fish icall them potlickers and have no use for them.. but people like you and sk who contribute to this board is what keeps it afloat thank you for your contributions !!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy86360 View Post
    Words of wisdom Ben. I only understood half of em...but words of wisdom.

SK really does throw out great info. Lots of info is in his details and reading between the lines of what he says. I watch the videos more than once and pick up a little something new each time.

Of course, it could all be a fluke and i just caught a lucky break. Either way, I'll take it....

Administrator Master in FishingTX vett0111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy86360 View Post
    No photo unfortunately. Had my phone below deck in a waterproof case. A guy in a boat saw me with the bent pole. I figured it was a yellow cat. He stopped to watch. When he saw it was a bass, asked if I was going to weigh it. I told him nah I didnt have a scale. He had one and I paddled over to him. Was a touch over 6 on the boga grip scale.

It's good to be here. Great group of folks on here. Its a small circle of folks...but a darn good one.
    Bet it put up a good fight on light tackle.
    Remember, always help who you can, whether you know them or not, blessings come when you least expect it.
    My intro - http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19508

Thanks Ben. Wonder what makes some forums busy and some not. Recently noticed a couple other forums getting way less traffic. Wonder if folks are using other social media or just spending less time on forums in general. Would love to see this one active enough to have a muster again.

Yep Vett, he took drag so I unclipped from the anchor and went for a yak ride....lol.

Junior Member Hooked on FishingTX
    Way to go Jeremy good catch and awesome bass, did you say it was Caney Creek lake Conroe?

Didnt mention Caney creek. Just lake Conroe. I just need to get out and explore more. Cover some ground.

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme MicroSoft's Avatar
    So sounds like all I have to do is watch this videos and I can catch a lot of crappies ?? I ever get back inland I may try some of those tricks thank you for al the information.
    America, Love it or leave it!!

Quote Originally Posted by MicroSoft View Post
    So sounds like all I have to do is watch this videos and I can catch a lot of crappies ?? I ever get back inland I may try some of those tricks thank you for al the information.
    There's days I come home empty handed, but still learned a lot. SK videos tell you how to increase your chances. Hes spent lots of hours on the water and is giving great advice on what hes learned over the years. It's still up to you to put in the time to do the rest. Crappie fishing seems to be about finding where they are, and what it takes to pull them up...at that moment. What you know one day can be completely wrong for the next. Crappie trends are predictable, but that's a far shot from a stringer full. You've got to pick up on the tiniest of things that are working, and be open to trying new things until something works. Even then there's always a chance to still come home with just a cooler of ice.