Thread: Out of a job again

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Metalcutterr's Avatar

Out of a job again

Well on 12-31-2021 I will be looking for another job. Baker Hughes (Rankin Rd location) is shutting down the machine shop. We were told they will be farming out all parts to be manufactured. This Is my 4th job sense 2015. Machinist jobs are not the future. I would recommend not going into this occupation if anyone is thinking about it.
    For me going fishing is just about getting outdoors. Catching fish is just a bonus.

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalcutterr View Post
    Well on 12-31-2021 I will be looking for another job. Baker Hughes (Rankin Rd location) is shutting down the machine shop. We were told they will be farming out all parts to be manufactured. This Is my 4th job sense 2015. Machinist jobs are not the future. I would recommend not going into this occupation if anyone is thinking about it.
    Or maybe you could change how you VOTe!!! LOL Professiom change would work go be a COP or a Nurse great demand for those two , no not cop , my sister i n law voted to defund the police by voting demo crat , guess what my knephew had to give up his chief of police job due to defunding !! off course she doid not realize thats what the dems wanted.
    I feeel fro yo umc as i lost my job in 2011 due to the job mvoing to Japann stay strong ..
    I had to go to to the valley couplle months ago and you shoould have seen the number of people gopin gcross into mexico Biden opened u pall those jobs in mexixo and started taxing the **** out of American manufacturinng and like i said from the very beginning we will loose our jobs to cheap illegal immigrant hjobs , some if not many laughed at me now whos's laughing, no ttha ti am but look at how man yunion pipeline jobs we lost becasue we voted biden in hea is literally tying to shut down this country with importing disease and cheap labor..
    The pandemic was about over til they took office and opened the border..

Yes Ben this administration it hurting the country in my opinion. But manufacturing sense 2015 has gone down. Of the 4 jobs I have had 3 have gone out of business and I am including my current job they are not out of business just shutting down the Machine shop at this location. Hopefully I won’t be with out a job very long.
    For me going fishing is just about getting outdoors. Catching fish is just a bonus.

You won't mC you just can't not hold a good man down , put your faith in God and He will guide your way !!

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme MicroSoft's Avatar
    Yes the company i was working for replaced all the good paying $25 -$30 hr jobs with $10 hr people . i was let go , know how you feel.
    America, Love it or leave it!!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX jeremy86360's Avatar
    Sorry to hear that metal cutter. Can you run lathe and mills and cnc stuff? What radius a re you looking in?

He wantts to be a guide but he cant catch no fish so he gotta work for a living LOL heck i ma ygo catch me some bream if i ioculd find a way to remove fish poo from teh water . if iah a place by the lake i could keep them there and recirculate water fro mthe lake and le tit over flow back to teh water maybe a palce by a creek?????

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy86360 View Post
    Sorry to hear that metal cutter. Can you run lathe and mills and cnc stuff? What radius a re you looking in?
    I have been involved in CNC machines for over 30+yrs. I have been running a lathe for the past yr because the mill work has slowed way down.

I ran a radila b drill press and a fork lift would that classify me as a machinist??