Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cagle Friday February 24 thru Sunday 26

NewCaneyFishingLady
    Looks like a great pot of soup and rice. They know how to do it up, even with ice cream. lol I used to go camping at Garner State Park every year with a bunch of friends. I miss that campground cooking.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX gator's Avatar
    joe did you have any trouble get your boat in and out at cagle?

medulla762
    The Cagle ramp is ok.

There are a few stumps just out from the ramp but you will have no problem launching.

medulla762
    The pot was full of duck & sausage roux'd stew...mmmm...mmmm...goooood. The weather and the hunger pains made it that much better....hahaha...

Here is the 51 pound blue our buddy R G caught on rod and reel in about ten feet of water. The big fish ate a small shad dipped in Shure-Shot.

medulla762

How 'bout now?

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    Looks like a great fish for rod and reel. Glad the weather cleared some for ya'll
    watching the skies...

saundecw
    That is one nice Fish!! Congratulations! I seesome familiar stumps in the background.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX CajunDan's Avatar
    It looks like those stumps should be under water.... Normally.
    Phish On!

medulla762
    Those stumps are fixin' to be about four feet under water.

While the lake is down, the powers that be are bringing in a cutting machine to mow all the stumps down four feet below the surface.

This is going to ruin what little bit of the lake us fishermen now have. The Scarabs and jet skies will take over.

T-Man
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunDan
    Ruh Roh.... Dem white Sky carp done made a presence in good numbers on a couple feilds here close. I'm gonna have to go get mad at'em on Saturday and maybe Sunday. Been watchin dey butts for a couple days and got the pattern down so come Saturday it'll be boom x5 instead of tight lines.
    All I gotta say is.... where was that phone call? Are you scared of the homebrew now. :lighting: