Thread: Been a day or 2

Senior Member Master in FishingTX CajunDan's Avatar

Talking Been a day or 2

Hideeeeee!!!! fellers.

How is everbody? Purty dry up in the north woods the ol lake lewisville is getting a little shallow. Which is good for me cause it just concentrates the bait....Now that duck season is pretty much over I can get back to the fishing.

I need to come to one of the gatherings this spring to see some of the new faces.
    Phish On!

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Welcome Back
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member FishingTX Accomplished Angler PlanoTracker's Avatar
    howdy neighbor ... don't know ya, never talked ... just being neighborly. You are right about the lake levels up in this neck of the woods. If the bottom of my boat does not see water by Sunday I'm afraid its gonna start going through withdraws. I have no idea where yet, but come **** or low water I plan on wetting a hook. Feel like I need to put an ad in the paper: Desperate fisherman, seeking boat ramp with water.
    PlanoTracker
    "The battle of the sexes can never be won, to much fraternizing with the enemy."

Buck creek has water and from what I understand so does tower bay I don't know about the hackberry creek ramp but maybe.
    Phish On!

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Hey CD you found you a buddy!!I know CD, he has fished with us and is a good man!!

Been sprucing up the jugs, putting new line on the crappie rods, and dusting the boat off.
    Phish On!

Senior Member FishingTX Accomplished Angler PlanoTracker's Avatar
    Thanks for the info CajunDan. Been about a month or so since I set some jugs. It was on Lavon, my third time on that lake. Only set out three jugs. Caught a decent handful of blues (maybe 6 - 8), one broke 5 lbs, rest around 2 - 3 lbs range. They stunk the grease up nice. Lake was about 7 ft low then and just got tired of fighting that and the wind after running them the third time. Latest I can find shows Lavon to be 9 plus feet low, my guess trying to keep Hubbard in decent water supply (City of Dallas water source). At 7 foot low it was a real pain in the butoah to launch and fish, I can only imagine it another two or three feet low. From what I can tell (read), Lewisville, Ray Roberts or Hubbard shouldn't be to bad.
    PlanoTracker
    "The battle of the sexes can never be won, to much fraternizing with the enemy."