Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Rasali50

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar

Welcome Rasali50

Welcome to FishingTx Rasali50
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Member Hooked on FishingTX rasali50's Avatar

Help!

Hey thanks for the hospitality! Just bought a small boat for my son and I and I'm looking for some tips on Somerville and Gibbons crk since they are fairly close to my home. Can any help?

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Welcome Rosali50 ,Crappie Tracker and dewaynez wil be your pros in that area of the world Thank you for joinin

john
    Welcome rasali50.Enjoy all the sites.Ck your forum for your lakes.Sorry on help on gibbons here,fished yesterday caught big fat 0.

saundecw
    Welcome to FishingTx rasali 50!! Hope you enjoy the site.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX tylerdan's Avatar
    Welcome Rasali50. What do you like to fish for on Somerville? Have you fished there much? Crappie, sand bass and catfish will get real good in about a month.

Catfish Jac on this board fishes Somerville frequently. Hook up with him for some recent info.

I have done a lot of spring and summer fishing on Sommerville, up until about 5 years ago when I moved to Tyler. Too far to drive now. I will be gald ot share what I know.

Catfish Jac
    I'm going to Somerville one morning this coming weekend , probably Saturday ... unless it's going to be 80 degrees. I'll be fishing at Welch Park from the bank, using waders to walk the rods out for casting.

I haven't done a lot of boating there yet since I only have a dinky trolling motor. I'll probably start exploring the NW end of the lake since it's a little more remote and Welch will be too packed with people when the warm weather comes. Need to find me some deep holes for next summer with John's depthfinder! Anybody know where I can get a map of Somerville?

I did a lot of boating/jugging at Yegua Creek last summer just down from the spillway, putting in at the brige on 36. I mainly caught smaller fish but I was using punch baits mostly. You could probably do a lot better with bluegill, cooking your jugs overnight. Just watch out for the spiders!

JAC

Member Hooked on FishingTX rasali50's Avatar
    White bass and my absolute favorite crappie. I have bank fished all my life. Then I broke down and bought a 15 ft jon with a 15hp mercury.

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme HamourKiller's Avatar
    Welcome Rasali50! Hope the site puts you on some fish. But be warned! These jugs will ruin them R&R's!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX reedlv's Avatar
    welcome to fishingtx.
    Work is a way to support a fishing habit and for those who do not know how to fish.