Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How come....

Senior Member Master in FishingTX CajunDan's Avatar

How come....

I see all these welcomes and no replies from those that are being welcomed?
    Phish On!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX reedlv's Avatar
    Not everyone is as friendly as use and some are not as open with others. I now of serveral people who do not want to join the site because they are affraid of what may happen?????
    Work is a way to support a fishing habit and for those who do not know how to fish.

Bubba Guidry
    I replied, I sho did. Twice! Bubba ain't sker'd.

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    LOL,

Some people just take a while to warm up
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Mulcade

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Guidry
    I replied, I sho did. Twice! Bubba ain't sker'd.
    I did too!

I think the biggest reason is that the vast majority of message boards out there are not very receptive of new members and some are even hostile toward new members.

We have a very atypical board here in that we not only welcome our members, but in some cases we welcome them before they are even able to post themselves! (Two thumbs WAY up for the mods on this!)

Top that off with our members telling everyone they see about the board and encouraging them to join up and you have the grounds to call this board just plain weird.

We have a great thing going here and I don't see it stopping until they outlaw fishing!! (Woe be unto those who would even try....)

saundecw
    Some are reluctant until they get to know a few people and get the feel of things. If they ever attend a muster or go fishing with some one on the site then it becomes easier when they find out how friendly everyone is and what a good time is had by all. A few may feel like they do not have the expertise about fishing to get involved, that was me a while back. I still don't have the expertise but sure enjoy the information shared here and I learn something every day. Hopefully when they find out how caring, sharing and friendly this site is, they will come around. I know they will enjoy it even more when they do.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    When I was welcomed it was a few days before I knew about it. It was a busy time and had gotten off the first page before I noticed it. but thanks for asking, lol
    watching the skies...

john
    I think the meet and greet sure helps,but you don't have to meet everyone to know that it is a very friendly and informative site.It may take some people a little more time to realize.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX reedlv's Avatar
    That is some great input from all.
    Work is a way to support a fishing habit and for those who do not know how to fish.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX CajunDan's Avatar
    post up fellers. Don't be skeered...
    Phish On!