Thread: Can't "Catch" A Break

Senior Member FishingTX Accomplished Angler PlanoTracker's Avatar

Can't "Catch" A Break

Ever get the feeling there is a higher power at work which is preventing you from doing something? The past 60 days or so it seems God has choosen for me NOT to fish. Since I work 8-5, M-F, I do not have wide open days/times to fish. But over the past few weeks it just seems to never end. I got through the holidays: family in town, travel out of town to see family, wife has hand surgery, etc. Then the boat ramps/lake closers happening because of lack of water. Odd times when I can go fishing, something always seems to come up that HAS to be done THAT day. Last week, had a business trip to Ohio, while there, suppose to go fishing (guided on Lake Erie) with a sales manager and a couple customers ... the two customers have to cancel. Which means no expense account and since it was to be a guided trip, no one has tackle or equipment ... no fishing trip. We start to get some rain in north Texas over the pass week or two and this coming weekend NOTHING is planned ... I can taste the mono preparing it for the knot, feel the jug line pulling on my hand bring a cat to the surface, see the bobber start to twitch in the water .... and then this past Monday afternoon .... I sneezed. Yep, caught a cold, now the nose is plugged, eyes watering, couging, etc. Over the counter meds is keeping it from getting worse and I am at work, but it is a cold nonetheless. But no big deal right? Well enough to work, well enough to fish I say ... then the weather forecast for this weekend. Overnights below freezing, Saturday winds blowing 15 to 20 miles an hour steady, temp not suppose to reach 45 degrees .... and I have a cold. If this continues, ya'll may read about me in a news ... some bizarre story that includes a high powered rifle and a clock tower ... :hang: lol
    PlanoTracker
    "The battle of the sexes can never be won, to much fraternizing with the enemy."

T-Man
    Well, I ain't going to get to religious on you, but here is my thought.....

There are higher powers. One (one in three in the Holy Trinity) Good and that's God, and then there are others. There is some crazy spiritual warefare going on right now. Just when you think things start going good, something happens. The only think I will say, is keep your eye on the prize and you will win the race.

ON another note, you don't have to go to the lake to get out and go fishing, and Frisco is getting their trout stocking this weekend. If I don't make it out with the kids on Saturday, I will be out there with them on Sunday. Come by and wet a line. If you wanna give me a call, I can pm you my number. I am right around the corner from the park they are stocking.

dpiper
    :ball-chain:

The above just about says it all.

Senior Member FishingTX Accomplished Angler PlanoTracker's Avatar
    ok, I just took next Thursday and Friday as vacation. So out of the next 10 calendar days, I have 6 of them off ... I'm set'in a hook in something.

One day is reserved to take the Mrs. brim/crappie jerk'in. Kinda got my eye on Lake Athens. Heard some good things about it (except the catfishing), I've never been. Plus according to TPWD it is currently less than 3 feet low, if i read the 360 day chart correctly.
    PlanoTracker
    "The battle of the sexes can never be won, to much fraternizing with the enemy."

saundecw
    Know how you feel! Good luck, you should have some good fishing weather by then.