Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HMMMMMM whats new on the board?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Randy

HMMMMMM whats new on the board?

Well, I can't speak for all but from watching the board off and on ALL day this is my scenerio.

After only to fairly nice days this week (Mon and Tues) we have looked forward to fishing all week.

The weekend nears and, yep, the wheather turns bad. Some braved the wind and cold and maybe tried some fishing.

Some logged on and figured, Hey I will see what's going on, on the forum.

When the topics on the forums sound like:
    What's your favorite bait?
    What's your favorite hook
    and
    a post gets made on a year old thread, you know the fishing is slow.
    So, we surf around on the boards to see who is posting and what is going on.

You find yourself, sitting for what seems like hours, clicking back and forth or logging back on to see if anyone has posted anything.

You even go over and look at some other forums to see what is going on over there.
    SAMETHING: What's your favoriite bait? What kinda hook do you use?

So, you log back on, Hmmmmmmm, no new posts,

But where is everyone? Fishing? nope Mowing the grass? nope
    Honey Do's? maybe

You can tell when the fishing is slow.

I was talking to GB the other day and we were gonna go to HEB and take some pictures of the store fish just to have something to put on the board.

Hang in there guys/gals, good wheather will be upon us soon and it will be back to slime, scales, and wet socks. stink bait under your finger nails, fish blood and dried slime all over your shirt from cleaning'em, packing wheel bearings, charging the batteries, running back to Academy to get some more stuff,Those wonder smells from bait in the refrigerator, smelly ice chests, stories of Ben falling in the water,complaining of those bass fishermen blazing by causing a Tsunami!, the uuuuus and ahhhhhs when you bring a cooler full of fish in, struggling to get your pictures uploaded,
    Momma, saying, You going fishing again?!!!!!!!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX croxt's Avatar
    sounds like you speak from experience Randy......
    Clark.......gigem '91

Senior Member Master in FishingTX reedlv's Avatar
    Randy. The fish are bitting on Lake Houston. I just get tired of cleaning them. LOL :captain:
    Work is a way to support a fishing habit and for those who do not know how to fish.

mikechell
    Randy ... nicely written post. Sentimental, without being mushy. Cabin fever ... seems like it only takes one weekend for it to hit some of us.
    I did go out. Braved the weather to try on some new spots, and got nithing but cold all day. Still, it kept the blues away. I like the thought, taking pics at the store, to post. You think they'd let us take them outside, hold them like we caught them, and return them? You know, make the pic look like a real shot on the water?

john
    Very well put Randy.That is excatly what i do most days.Thanks to reed for some pics and Ben lately.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX tylerdan's Avatar
    Yesterday was very cold and windy in Tyler, even had a little mist in the air. Yet about 9am as the wife and I were sitting at the kitchen table reading the newspaper for the second time, we heard a boat slapping the waves as it came around the point. Cecelia looked at me and said, "See, there are crazier people than you on this lake!"

Randy
    I opened up a jar of stink bait this morning, and took a wiff, before I made coffee. I gotta get my jugs off the porch soon, I think it is against the law to have em on the porch this long. , .

Senior Member Master in FishingTX tylerdan's Avatar
    Gretchen Wilson made a lot of money off her song "Redneck Woman". It has that line about leaving her Christmas lights on the porch all year long. Maybe we could write a new version about Redneck Man with a line about leaving our catfish jugs on the porch too long.

Senior Member FishingTX Accomplished Angler
    That's a fact Randy. Been to every fishing web site I can find, everyone doing basicly the same thing. Watched all the fishing shows that can be found on the TV. But at least there is a ray of sunshine for today The REDNECK SUPERBOWL starts at 12:30 !! LOL !! Start school today over off HWY 6 Check in from 5 to 7 PM will be pretty bowed up for the next week
    Terry

Senior Member Master in FishingTX reedlv's Avatar
    Randy. I sure wanted to come up and see you on Lake Conroe this weekend, but after I saw the weather forecast. I figured Randy will understand. I am hoping to get up that wat next weekend. I will give you a call if I am going to come up that way.

I went to Bass Pro shop yesterday with the wife. I got an AM/FM/CD radio to put in the boat. I aslo bought outboard motor oil for $5.99 per gallon. It is usually $12.99 per gallon.
    Work is a way to support a fishing habit and for those who do not know how to fish.