Anyone started planting yet? If not, when? What are you planting this year? Trying anything new or different??

My soil is ready and all of my seed is bought. I used to wait until around Good Friday to plant, but over the past several years, I've moved that date up each time. I'm shooting for around the first of March this season, weather permitting.

I've got a 25' x 60' patch that I rotate pretty much the same stuff in every season.

Tomatoes (Better Boy, sometimes Celebrity)
Squash (yellow crook and straight neck)
Cucumbers (Straight 8 burpless slicers)
Bell Peppers (Big Bertha and California Wonder)
Pole Beans (Kentucky Wonder)
Okra (Clemson Spineless) <---- planted in early-mid summer after the *%#@! squash bugs wipe out my squash rows.

This year, I'm adding something new. I got some cherry tomato seed called Gardener's Delight that I've got started in the window, and are looking pretty good so far. Package reads, "Candy from the vine"! :dinnertime:

Gardening is a lot like fishing I reckon. You can get the same product at any grocery store, for a fraction of the cost, time, patience and effort, but once you've had a taste of the real thing, there ain't no more doin' it 'the easy way'!

Now, if I could just find a way to digest nut grass, I could start up a truck farm!