Thread: Speed Reading Course ???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Master in FishingTX

Speed Reading Course ???

...and no, I"m not talking about the "Evelyn Woods Sped Redin Course".

I just opened myself up to a lot more reading and testing at work by accepting a bid for a Console Board job and just got something in the mail from Baylor University about local speed reading courses for kids and adults.

I've never been a great reader and was thinking this may help in the technical reading I'm subjecting myself to.

I just wanted to know if anyone has ever taken a class like this or known of someone who has and did it help.

Ok, let the jokes start coming in but hopefully I'll get someone who has some exp. with it as well. lol
    watching the skies...

trombone13

Speed Reading

Outlaw- take the course!!!!-you will be surprised and happy with the results.
    With a good instructor, you will be trained to focus your eye-shift patterns to a more narrow area than you have done and as a result, your mind will not dwell on insignificant factors within sentence and paragraph structure. As a result, your speed and retention will double in a very short time.
    As a retired public school teacher and college instructor I advise every one to not only take a speed reading course but to read, read read.......
    Good luck---let us know how you do with the course........
    Bob

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    Thnaks Bob, I'm planning to take a course from Champion Reading (Jennifer Wonzy) in Stafford. I've had a lot of good recomendations about her and I'd be able to come back for refresher courses if needed whenever I want. As soon as I get my approval form back from work I plan to start.
    I'll post results.
    watching the skies...

mikechell
    Is looking at the pictures, in my comic books, considered "focusing on insignificant factors?" Cause I get through those word bubbles pretty quickly !!!