Thread: Salt Fishing

Senior Member FishingTX Skilled Angler

Question Salt Fishing

When Is A Good Time To Catch Fish Under The Big Bridge In Galv. Or At Sea Wolf Park

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    Whenever the tide is moving. Check tide tables for Pelican island and add about 2 hrs for the Causeway. Day or night, tide movement is the ticket in sale water, usually just as it starts to move or right before it stops depending on where you are. Sometimes depending on where you are the tide moves too fast to catch too much. Give a little more details when you are planning a trip and a few of us may be able to give you more details to work with.

good luck.
    watching the skies...

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme
    i fished next to the Gal. causeway last night under lights and did well. as soon as the tide stopped moving the fish stopped biting. the area around the causeway can get very good. my best trout fishing trip ever was under the bridge. plus just about every year a tagged red is pulled from that area. are you signed up for the STAR tournament?

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    I will be before it starts. I'd have to shoot myself if I caught a tagged red in the areas that I normally fish and was not entered in the contest. Kinda like the knucklehead that was registered but didn't register his son. His son caught one in Offats and threw away a scholarship to save $10. I took kids on two trips last year (neighbors kids who don't get to fish) and I entered them just in case.
    watching the skies...

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme
    every year atleast a few people catch tagged reds but werent entered. that would be tough to handle.

Member Hooked on FishingTX RECONER's Avatar
    I have been fishing the galveston bay complex since I was 4, I am now 43. If you are wanting to catch some good quality fish from this area you need to look at a couple of things- - tide- bait- condition. When I go fishing this is the first area that I hit. When fishing under or around the bridges always look for under water structure, there you will find minnows and swimp jumping out of the water and swimming for their lives. If the conditions are right to will tie in to the FISH.