Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Jon

saundecw

Welcome Jon

Welcome to FishingTx Jon!! Where do you fish and what do you like to fish for? Share a few fishing stories and enjoy the site.

john
    Welcoome to fishingtx jon!!!!

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Welcome to FishingTx
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member Master in FishingTX reedlv's Avatar
    Welcome to FishingTx
    Work is a way to support a fishing habit and for those who do not know how to fish.

Jon

Howdy Saundecw

Thank you for the message. I am new to this forum interneting. I am typically just a reader.
    I joined FishingTX because knowledge is power and I am looking for the people that know fishing.
    I have fished Somerville, Livingston, and Galvestion. I am not particular about the type.
    I have a wife and two daughters, 8 and 6. We just bought a camper and I am dying to go camping and make fisherwomen out of them. They have the desire to fish - and I have the desire to take them. I would like the first few times to be easy, enjoyable, and produce a few fishtales.
    Our first trip is scheduled for April 28 to Wolf Creek. I saw the pictures showing the water level on the Lake Livingston thread. I guess, I will have to come up with a Plan B. Maybe fish below the dam, but I am not sure where to go.
    Thanks again for the welcoming message.

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Jon go to Cagle at Lake Conroe or Tx State Park at Livingston , wolf cReek is dry !!

saundecw
    Jon,
    Cagle Campground is located in the Sam Houston National Forest on the North end of Lake Conroe. They have 49 sites with full hookups for RV's and the restrooms have hot showers as well. I too have just aquired a travel trailer and will be staying at Cagle (site 35) from 2PM Friday May 5 thru Tuesday May 9 to 2PM. If you happen to be in the area stop by. I plan on setting out juglines and catching some catfish.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX tylerdan's Avatar
    Welcome Jon. If you think knowledtge is power, you have come to the right place. Many of these guys are in your area and they know a lot. They are also happy to share their knowledge. Feel free to join in and learn from them

Jon

Thank you Gentleben and Saundecw

I just got through reading about all of the USDA Forest Service and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers campsites in Texas. I didn't know I had so many choices and so close to home. Cagle looks great. I should have joined FishingTX before I booked my first camping trip. I think I will tell Wolf Creek to hold on to my deposit and get a site at Cagle instead.

saundecw
    You are more than welcome Jon. Glad to have you in the FishingTx family.