Thread: Big Daddy!!!!!!!!!!

cacciato71

Big Daddy!!!!!!!!!!

I got to run over to Kieth Lake for a quickie this evening. The tide was a fast out going tide which is perfect for one of my spots. Got out there to find bait bustin eveywhere. The only problem was that the so-called NW wind was actually a direct W wind which blows right into the channel that I was planning on fishing. The water was real muddy so I threw tops. No takers so I switch to plastics fished with rockport rattlers. Still nothing. Well its getting dak and I can see fish hitting they just don't want what I got. In a last ditch effort I tie on a topwater in a color that no one would normally fish in water that muddy, but it has been one of my better baits. Well first cast and Kablewy. Of course I miss him since that topwater shot way out of the water. SO I keep plugging and finally another heart attack strike. This time I connect. This thing starts stripping drag like there's no tomorrow. Finally get him in and it turns out to be a 32" red that I would say was probably around 12lbs All this on a trout rod. Yippee!

fishing fireman
    That is awesome...congrats!!!

mocanady
    WOW!!!!!!!! Way to go!

john
    Cool story,sometimes it takes what you wont think will work.

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Nice Report, not much better than a top water explosion
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain