Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234568 ... LastLast

Thread: October Muster

NewCaneyFishingLady
    Absolutely, the more the merrier. We had more fish at the last muster than there were eaters. Everyone is welcome to join in!!!

Senior Member FishingTX Accomplished Angler
    I told my wife about this last night and she said it sounds like a lot of fun. We have a new tent that we have only tried out in the backyard when we had a lot of company at the house so this would be a great excuse to use it. My wife was even more thrilled when she asked what the wives would do while the men went fishing and I told her that they would go fishing too. Maybe some of the women on here can get her over not liking to take her own fish off the line.:icon_surprised:

nickc775152002
    GOOD LUCK WITH THAT ONE...I'VE BEEN TRYING FOR AWHILE NOW AND SHE STILL WON'T GET CLOSE TO IT ...WHEN IT COMES OUT OF THE WATER SHE HOLDS THE POLE AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE!!! ITS TOO FUNNY!!:114:

Senior Member Master in FishingTX reedlv's Avatar
    Mrs.Reedlv maybe able to help out with that. I told my wife a long time ago. She can fish with me evertime I go, but she will have to take her own fish off. So now she has a pair of gloves in the boat.
    Work is a way to support a fishing habit and for those who do not know how to fish.

My wife said that if I gave her a pair of gloves and the little metal grippers to grab the catfish with she would take them off so some progress is being made.

You have to teach her to crawl before she can walk. LOL

All kidding aside. If she wears some thin leather gloves to hold them. The gloves will save some fairly painful fin wounds and a good pair of needle nose will remove the hook. Bring her to the Muster. The team can and will give you both all of the adive you could ever want.
    Work is a way to support a fishing habit and for those who do not know how to fish.

I believe I can make it up that way for the entire muster. I need to try and invest in or borrow a camper for the trip. I will bring the boat and the Reedlv BBQ pit. Hope to see everyone there. I guess I need to make a coupe of trip between know and then. I will need to have a couple of honey holes. I need a big cat for the contest.

When does the contest begin on Conroe?

jwevansv
    I need to start putting together some more camping gear. I may have to rent a small camper since my wife isn't too thrilled about "roughing-it" in a tent. I just asked her if she wanted to go and she said it sounds like fun. She will be very impresses with the big cats some of you are bound to catch. If I pull a camper how do I pull a boat? I suppose if I get a small John boat it can sit atop the camper?

I cut my pvc pipe for my jugs today, picked up some rebar at a garage sale for my counter weights, and bought a couple of water noodles to make my jugs for the muster. All I need to get now is the white Duct-tape, the end caps, the eyehooks, the line and the hooks and I'll be ready to assemble some jugs. With the PVC I cut I'll have enough for 24 jugs. I'll post a picture of one when I get the rest of my supplies. The wife and I our looking forward to having a good time and meeting everyone in October. That way you can teach us how to use our jugs properly.
    "Uh, you might want to wake up and set your hook, something just about pulled your pole in the water!!"

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    It's gonna bea gas i will be doing my Johnny Cash and Elvis Presley imitations!!:lighting: