Thread: Question about Big E charter and tackle

Domin0

Question about Big E charter and tackle

I just bought my own setup for offshore fishing. a shimano tekota 700 and a heavy action rod. I was wondering if i bring my setup on the boat, can i ask a deck hand to put one of there leader setups on my gear? or would i have to bring my own tackle also and rig the line myself? anyone that knows about this any information would greatly be aprecciated. Thanks

Senior Member Master in FishingTX croxt's Avatar
    all they had when i went, june 3rd, was a heavy poly line with about a 20 oz weight and two circle hooks spaced apart by about 15 inches. hooks looked like a typical catfish jug hook maybe 5-0.

they probably will not put theirs on your rig......all they can tell you is no.

i will see if i have any pictures from my trip.
    Clark.......gigem '91

not the cleanest pictures......but rigging looks a lot like the jugline concept.
    Clark.......gigem '91

Domin0
    What pound test should i make the leader from. Is that 80#?

Domin0
    O i forget. I currently have 50# test on right now. So what pound test shoudl the leader be?

i think they were using 80# stuff but after looking at the teeth of the red and vermillion snapper.....might recommend a steel leader or keep extra hooks, swivels and weights.
    Clark.......gigem '91