Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: APRIL GATHERING

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    i won't be off til the following weekend of the gathering , that right Gato!! You can bet we would go if we were off :shock: 8) maybe next one

Cheryl can you give us rebels some directions on the best way to get there from I-45 north .. Castnblast said he'd come if someone could put him on some crappie , that boy is hooked , line and sinker :shock: :lol:

cherylrw

Directions from general Houston area

1: Start out going Southwest on MILAM ST toward PRESTON ST. <0.1 miles

2: Turn LEFT onto PRESTON ST. <0.1 miles

3: Turn LEFT onto TRAVIS ST. 0.1 miles

4: Merge onto I-45 N via the ramp- on the left. 183.7 miles

5: Take the TX-31 exit- exit number 231- toward WACO/ATHENS. 0.2 miles

6: Turn LEFT onto MARTIN LUTHER KING JR BLVD/E SH 31/E TX-31 E. Continue to follow E TX-31 E. 25.6 miles

7: Turn LEFT onto N TERRY ST/TX-198. Continue to follow TX-198. 4.1 miles

when you are coming upon Caney Cove from this direction,you will cross over a bridge over the lake immediately at the end of the bridge is a PUBLIC boat ramp..This will be where you put your boats in the water.

Caney cove is just past this ramp on the right there will be a couple stores then a large green and white sign says CANEY COVE...turn right in here stop at front if noone is in the office come straight to the back following the road toward the right when you get in back you will see the lake cabins and rv's.

If you need more help go to www.caneycove.com

Member Hooked on FishingTX
    I gota see what comes up that weekend. ill see if me and my friend can come. thats gonna a lil drive for me cause im all the way by lake whitney so illl look up directions somemore and gota be sure its ok with parents if yall did know im 16 so im limited on some things lol. if i come is there any good camping spots?

cherylrw
    Caney Cove is a camp ground has tents and cabins,if you come you can sleep in our cabin.

cherylrw
    It is looking to me like CC isnt gonna be a good place for gatherings..Maybe Mark and I should just come to Houston....We camp at CC every year so its nothing new to us...LOL...

Maki what do you think?Think maybe we should wait a while try and get more members from this area,or just go for it?

I was just hoping while Mark was here we could meet most everyone who is members of our site.

So if we are only gonna have a couple as in you and us heck Id just as soon come to Houston so we could meet several of you guys.

mrmakAUCTIONEER

here er der??

HERE ER DER :?: DAT IS DA QUESTION :?:
    PERSONALLY i think all mods should be where ever yall want the gatherin to be at. NO MATTER WHAT. second if they cant er wont come to lake of yer choice we could bend a lil, & go to where the majority of the the leaders are at, that way most who who couldnt come way up here **** could make a quick showing during the weekend at least yall as owners could say the hallo's how yall doin adventures, quick words of wit, from the past year, and inject a few visions and projections for the next upcomming year, er till when MARK reappears in da next 6 months er year. whaddiya think?

Thin Water Tracker
    Well I have to work that weekend now. working shift work it's hard to go that far I only work 14 days a month but I'm on call 10 out of the days off I have so I have to be no more than two hours away so it makes it hard to go that far. I only have two weekends off a month and so far Feb gathering has been the only one to hit on one of those weekends.

I fish alone a lot it's not due to the fact I want it that way it just hard to find someone that has the same days off as I do. I makes for along day but some time it gives me time to think which is good for the soul. and other times I find I'm talking to myself. which is scary!

Well, I am still working and my job comes above and beyond anything and everything else next to my grandbaby, I am working next weekend have not had a day off in 13 days so you take it from there .
    I beleive what Maki is saying and agree with him about the mods going wherever the party is but it may not happen.
    Fortunately :lol: and unfortunately :shock: most of the members are from the houston area and I wish it would grow over there , you are starting to pick up some mebers in the dallas area some good ones , like CajunDan, swing and the whitney bunch is not too far away

Everyone is welcome at Lake houston and we will be able to make a quick showing even if working 12 hrs a day
    Lets us know and we'll try to get folks together for next weekend or whenever

mrmakAUCTIONEER

alternatives

there is one thing for sure, a trip from work to a local area in greater houston usally can be done with one er 2 emails er a few phone calls, most members in the houst area can at least show up, inna spur of the moment situation, during one of the 3 days. CHERYL, MARK, JOSH, ECT,lets just meet at lake houston, BJs or whereever ben, picks,THAT IS THE LOCATION THE SITE IS held together at. some time during the time MARK is in the neighborhood , a few of of us dfw area types could pile in the kid hauler and intentionaly let whitney fisherman, know we will be there for a quick itroduction, for any one interested, head to lewisville, say our hallos and head back to the gravel pits or cedar creek, play polatition, shake a few hands , take alota notes, listen to thoughts and suggestions, from everyday fishermen, if oppertunaty arrises get in someones boat and fish a lil.
    We spent a year building an excellent foundation, our roots as a group, goes very deep in the fishing world and outdoors. our trunk is solid, during hard times we became stronger, our branches reach into many states, our fruit, stories and expieriances are read world wide. our youth involved, have the capacaty to carry the vision for generations to come.
    LETS just show up in houston, and go visit with any one willing and able at that moment, and go where we are invited. spend a day er 2 , 3, what ever it takes, we will, step out on faith and go see where the LORD would lead. maybe he would know a few fishermen we could bless, or who we need. WHADDIYA THINK? :shock: