Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: APRIL GATHERING

mrmakAUCTIONEER

BUUTT IN THE SAME VAIN

**** IN THE SAME VAIN CHERYL , MARK MODS, several folks have already made time for this cedarcreek adventure,<<<<including yers trully, maybe we shouldnt even entertain any thought of of changin our already plans in motion, for cedar creek, **** maybe the next week er so we could do a quick trip fer those who couldnt make cedaer creek **** could make a quickie mid week in houston. whaddiyall think

Senior Member Master in FishingTX CajunDan's Avatar
    Here's my .02 cents on the North Texas group.

Lets continue to try and meet in this area. Even though the H-town group is having a gathering on LH or Conroe doesn't mean that we can't gather here on the same time frame. This way gives everyone the opprotunity to meet and greet at either function. I know that if ben or medulla or any one of those guys have the time they will travel up this direction for a gathering, even when there is a gathering in their home lake the same weekend. As well as I would make a venture to their home lake when there is one here, just to meet and greet, plus as much time as I will be spending in the area it will be easier for me to make an appearance.

I work a wierd shift and at night so sometimes it is difficult for me to make weekend gatherings over multiple days but one day events I can do on Thur, Fri, and some Saturdays.

So why don't we plan to do this: Meet maybe once a month at a lake in the NTX area meet for a one day muster just to make ourselves known to the surrounding lakes. If anything it gets us to know each other. Get some bumper stickers/boat stickers and put them on our cars and boats. I'm already getting some comments on the jugs from patrons at Lewisville and have pointed them in the direction of the website. We can also get with some of the bait distributors in the area, like Big Jacks Texaco at FM407 and see if they will let us hang a little sign or something, the lewisville fishing barge would also be a good place to go.

For me Lewisville is closest, Ray Roberts is next, Grapevine, Texoma, Lavon, Ray Hubbard, CC, Richland Chambers and so forth from there.

Hooker, Looked for ya Friday on Lewisville, but no findy.

Out
    Phish On!

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    That is a good idea CD, that is the way we got started; last mothers day we had our first gathering,......... a whooping 3 members were present :shock: two are still here, The world reknown Mudcat , Originator and Owner of the Original Mudcat Flagging Jugs Company and yours truely. We started small and now there is no way to really get a good count as to how many people makes our gatherings , It is a giving thin gh, we BBQ fish fry wild pig BBq man we eat good then we take people fishing show them how those mudcat Jugs work and they are hooked.
    We have always caught fish but with the flagging juggs our quantity has about tripled, now just listen to some of the testimonies of people like Gator , Big Dave ,Menudo , The fishing boat , **** and company, and basically just about anybody that has used them they will never be the same again.Thin water tracker , nine lives ,outlaw, waterspout , castnblast ,where you at ?? Pescadore , n splenora , maki yes even ole maki has been at ever one of our gatherings except for the one and that's cause he got snowed in.Uncle bill Big Jim Zeke he only show up to eat and catch them big flatties!!Don Diego is a mighty fine jugger but i don't know if he uses mudcat's yet. Man if I missed anyone just add your name to the list cause i am tired an ddingy
    - choo choo man , jjtroutkiller, all you guys , engineer melitone goose , gonso too man y
    My ole buddy ,Cajun Dan Watkins from the north Tx group, I love to talk to him cause he always has a good testimoney about the MudCat Flagging Jugs . He was telling me tonight there was some bass fishermen trollin over curious at what he was doing and just like clock work one of them jugs will invert and go to flagging and he tells them well that means I got a fish and them bassers become instant catters. MUDCAT WHERE ARE YOU THEY ARE LOOKIN FER YOU!!!
    Thank you ,everyone that has participated to make this site what it is today.

mrmakAUCTIONEER

My opinion

I agree and have always been for starting a chapter at any lake any time we have a boat and 2 folks willing to intentionally, do an event. they will come, yall prooved it many times, even inna storm folks will come, its only happening in houston only because 2-3 are willing to make it happen, If we intentionally make something happen in the dfw area it will happen.

I know it works here too,
    my schedual is usally I let folks know, i will be in southlake doing business, tuesday mornings, probably run to corinth pass lake grapevine, and lake leiwisville?lake dallas, if ya wanna go wet a minnow let me know.
    wed, i will be at cleaburn in morning, in the afternoon u will find me at nolan river, lake pat cleaburn, Brazos, granbury or lake alvarado, or whitney. when i talk to fishemen they tell me hay your mrmak i go to your site and read your stuff when yall goin to do something in our town. I say iam here in your town u wanna get involved, go to our site register and participate, You wanna do an event here, under the banner of fishingtx.com we have to get it approved, from someone higher up the food chain than me. if any ONE of our leaders will intentionally show up , that leader and i will be here. I will know its happening in your community because one of our leaders intentionally will be here for the soul purpose of starting a chapter, on any lake any time, and asked me to help. so far its just houston area.

Web Owner Master in FishingTX
    give me warning a little time and i will be there if i can

i think need to hold a c/c gathering because you will get new people that just happen to be camping and fishing there and just want to know what all the noise is about gives alot of guest in dallsa area that are not gonna come down here to see what this is about they will run down the road and kick a few rocks to see these jugs in action this usually equals a new member.
    i have said from day one we could not make it because i am working all 3 days and i already have used 2 days to make these gatherings down here other than that i would be there so its a few people have they will come and after you have time come on down we can throw some boats in the water
    fish on!!!!!!!

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    IF I am off duty i will show up!! Wher eyo uat CD that's your Q"

cherylrw
    OK Then its set as planned we will be at CC for the weekend. I will call in a just a second and rent us a cabin and continue as planned so we will see you guys there....I will take what shirts,caps and bumper stickers mousepads I have made and also possibly take the equip with me so if you want to try something special we can.

So we will see you there!!!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX CajunDan's Avatar
    Dadgummit, that's my long week. I gotta work Sat - Tue night. I could maybe sneak over there on Friday as long as work leaves me alone.

I'll try my best but I'm not promising anything.

swing, there callin you out.....
    Phish On!

Member Hooked on FishingTX
    i might be able to sneek down there friday or sunday but staurday i got a sniper course at my gun range so ill be doing that this Saturday. my dad says he knows the way down there so if i wana go ill be there