Thread: Gigging around

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Layton

Gigging around

Have you ever wanted to do something for years & never seem to have the time to do it? Or for that matter have the money to do it? Well check this out. The Lord blessed me Friday with a first time ever gigging trip. I have been wanting to do this for the last 25yrs. Went to Galveston on a guided trip with Capt Scott McKey (Texasfloundergigging.com) & his good friend Brian. They took me & a friend, Charlie, gigging. We gigged 30 flounder in about 3 1/2 hrs. This was also the first time I have ever gotten my limit in the 30 plus yrs I have been fishing. What a wonderful night - I was truly blessed.
    Last edited by Layton; 11-05-2006 at 11:00 AM.

john
    Now that is some good giggin.When you gonna bring me a big bag of those tasty critters?Thanks for the post Layton.Your hooked now huh?

Senior Member Master in FishingTX croxt's Avatar
    wow...great post......i tried that at night about 20 years ago.......bunch of guys i worked with all went down near san luis pass to a back cove......carried lanterns and a gig......walked for about 2 hours in mid shin depth water.......too afraid we would either step on a ray or gig one....

the pic of the one by the measure board.....you guys too hungry before you could take the pics?.......LOL

good looking pics.....thanks for the post.
    Clark.......gigem '91

NewCaneyFishingLady
    Wow, I'm with John, about those tasty critters. Flounder gigging is something I want to do also. That is why I am gonna get a saltwater stamp this month.

Good going guys!!!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX whitebassfisher's Avatar
    I've never tried that before. You have a bunch of good eating there.
    Whitebassfisher
    <)))><

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Nice Bunch of fish
    I am a big fan of flounder
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member Master in FishingTX willie's Avatar
    great trip.flouder are some great table fair.stuff with stove top dressing and shrimp and green onions and bake.
    theres room for all gods creatures,
    right next to the mashed taters.

stubblefieldcrappie
    it looks like yall had a fun time and you finally got to do something youve looked forward to for years. great post and pics. keep em coming.

Salty Finatic FishingTX Skilled Angler fishin'lunatic's Avatar

Nice

Ah yes, the flattie. Some lemon, butter, and Tony Chaceres. Can't wait for the fall run. Great trip!
    A nation of sheep, breeds a government of wolves.