Bought some Uncle Bucks Beer Batter Mix at BPS yesterday and picked up a 12 oz brewski on the way home. We fried up a mess of crappie last night and as the very last batch was coming out I smell rubber/electrical fire. We have one of the small Fry Daddys, about 10" high and 6-7" dia. It is just right for the 2 of us.

If you're an appliance in my household that lasts a long time you one day get a gender assignment & name. Well this is (was) Clyde. (because he fried)

Clyde died.
His heating element & cord fried.
I darn near cried.

Like all the other good appliances that meet their maker around here, I will take him out back and put 3-4 rounds from my 30/30 in him to make sure he
is out of his misery and good & proper dead. Followed by a prayer service and interment at Our Lady of the Holy Trashcan Cemetery.

I feel saddened by his passing but yet a smugness & sick inner satisfaction that I have caught & fried so many fish over the years that it killed him.
I guess I will have to fry fish in the skillet for awhile because it's like losing a pet you have grown close to-you feel like a traitor to immediately go out and replace em right away.

His remains are lying in state on the kitchen counter.
Time of death: 8:12 PM EST 17 Aug 2006
Cause of death: Electrocution/3rd degree peanut oil burns

You will be sadly missed old friend.
R.I.P.