Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fried Daddy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    horseshoer

Fried Daddy

Bought some Uncle Bucks Beer Batter Mix at BPS yesterday and picked up a 12 oz brewski on the way home. We fried up a mess of crappie last night and as the very last batch was coming out I smell rubber/electrical fire. We have one of the small Fry Daddys, about 10" high and 6-7" dia. It is just right for the 2 of us.

If you're an appliance in my household that lasts a long time you one day get a gender assignment & name. Well this is (was) Clyde. (because he fried)

Clyde died.
    His heating element & cord fried.
    I darn near cried.

Like all the other good appliances that meet their maker around here, I will take him out back and put 3-4 rounds from my 30/30 in him to make sure he
    is out of his misery and good & proper dead. Followed by a prayer service and interment at Our Lady of the Holy Trashcan Cemetery.

I feel saddened by his passing but yet a smugness & sick inner satisfaction that I have caught & fried so many fish over the years that it killed him.
    I guess I will have to fry fish in the skillet for awhile because it's like losing a pet you have grown close to-you feel like a traitor to immediately go out and replace em right away.

His remains are lying in state on the kitchen counter.
    Time of death: 8:12 PM EST 17 Aug 2006
    Cause of death: Electrocution/3rd degree peanut oil burns

You will be sadly missed old friend.
    R.I.P.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Pawpop's Avatar
    We should have a memorial service! Bye Clyde
    And GOD said:

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Sorry to hear Clyde punched his ticket!!

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Sorry for your Loss, I know how you feel, over the years I have lost a few fryers
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

stubblefieldcrappie
    so long fried clyde. he is in a better place now....well maybe not if hes going to the trash can. lol

john
    Sorry for your loss of clyde.Might help your cholestorol though!

nautic2200
    Someone should play Taps.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX whitebassfisher's Avatar
    You are a RIOT!!
    Whitebassfisher
    <)))><

Rockyfox2
    Well at least we can take comfort in the knowledge that clide is in the big vat of oil in the sky now.

NewCaneyFishingLady
    You are still cracking me up, Jeff!! How funny! You will be surprised at the many options available now when you go shopping.