Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This will stir your feathers... (sorry long)

medulla762
    Here's what I'd do. Go to the next muster, collect all the fish carcass. Sneak over to the teachers house, pick the lock on her trunk...hehehe...

Hey John, just take it to her the same way you took it to the folks about hunting. You're much more diplomatic about these things than I could ever be. I'm sure you'll do the rest of us proud!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX gator's Avatar
    i wish you could show up at show and tell and campain for all the horriable atrocities being done to the poor plants and roots in our country. young baby carrots being riped up by there roots then yes ladies and gentleman eaten alive. i know your saying this cant be true not in the year 2006. this is barbaric!!!
    i have even witness first hand a small itty bitty tomatoe being plucked from its nice warm home and yes eaten in front of its poor defensless family. i think it is time for these crazy people not be allow to walk through our local grocery stores where all these poor vegetables are laid out in rows kept cool and people are allowed to squeeze and touch them. i for one am tired of these things being done and I NOT GONNA STAND FOR IT ANYMORE.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    LOL, I'm hoping she's not crazy, and with my daughter saying there was a picture that was shown I'm thinking she was referring to comercial harvest and maybe decline of dolphins or something. I'll talk to my teacher friend and feel her out to see if I even need to say anything.
    But if needed, ya'll know I'll get hillbilly on her rear!
    watching the skies...

stubblefieldcrappie
    thats pretty funny bigcatdaddy1.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX whitebassfisher's Avatar
    I like Medulla's answer!
    Whitebassfisher
    <)))><

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Pawpop's Avatar
    Outlaw I'm just a dumb ole country boy and don't know much about anything,however I think I'd Pray about it frist and ask the Lord to guide me in what he would have me to do or not do. But remember altho she is supose to be a pro.and we think she should know better than to talk about such things with the kidos,she is still just a human and we all make mistakes. Most of all try not to let your little girl loose respect for teachers, for she is going to have alot more of them in the years to come.I'm sorry if I upset anyone with this,member I'm just a country boy!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX bearwhiz's Avatar
    I say go directly to the teacher and discuss it with her. It is quite possible your daughter misunderstood what was being said. If you go to the principal first the teacher will regard it as a complaint against her and possibly show resentment. I would give her the opportunity to fix it first.

Bearwhiz

mikechell
    Outlaw, don't take me the wrong way, but I feel this has to be said.
    I know of situations where a young child doesn't want to do something their parents want them to. I have witnessed these youngsters using an outside person as their reason for not doing it. Just as your shild is saying the teacher said keeping fish was bad. I am not saying it's not true, but when ever a child says, "Don't say anything to (him/her)" I start to wonder if that person really said anything.
    Be careful how you approach the teacher. If I were you, I'd let your daughter know that you are going to talk to the teacher. Let her know when, and then have your daughter go with you. If hse is using the teacher as a "Scapegoat", she'll fess up. If not, then the teacher can't lie her way out of it either.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX croxt's Avatar
    good point mike........i agree....let the teacher remove all doubt......if she is so against fishing.....you will find out straight from the horse's mouth.....
    Clark.......gigem '91

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    Like I said, I think there is a strong possibility that my daughter mis understood the scope of the discussion what ever it was. I only plan to talk to the teacher if she has very strong opinions about all fishing. If I need to talk to her I'll go with ammo of what conservation groups have done to restock and preserve fishing by introducing limits etc...
    thanks
    watching the skies...