Thread: Question about Berkley Gulp Shrimp

CircleHook

Question about Berkley Gulp Shrimp

I was gonna go buy a pack or two of the Berkley Gulp Shrimp, but I was wondering if anyone else used these to catch speckled trout? Also, do they work even if you cut them up into smaller pieces?

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme
    i really like the berkey gulps. i've had them out fish live shrimp in murky water for reds, nail a limit of specs in gin clear water and takes credit for some big flounder. they will attract hard heads and piggies as well. i use them under a popping cork the most. i like the 4" white shrimps but its the only kind ive tried. just dont let them dry up on your hook or jig head cause they will shrink and you'll never get'em off. good luck and fish safe.

Juggernaught
    Minner skinner is right on. I freeze mine when not in use. They are pricey and me personally, have yet to catch a fish on them Whatever you do, don't leave the bag open where the juice can get on anything. I double bag 'em. I hear lots of good things about them, but I'm not impressed. But the Shrimp cocktail, well that's another story.

Bassmaster 200
    I would just use real bait. It works much better

CircleHook
    nice, do they work well if you cut up the gulp shrimp into smaller pieces though?

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme
    ive had crabs carry away little pieces that ive tossed to them. other than that, not sure i have have an answer. one of the best features of gulps is how long and how many bites they can endure. rarely will i use more than one during a full day outing. their durability lets you cast them as hard as you want without a chance of them flying off like live shrimp would. they are pricey but last awhile. the hardest part of any lure is gaining confidence. i personally have to see the lure working before ill give it a fair chance.

Scotta
    I have to agree with the confidence factor. If I dont have confidence in something I end up working a lure too fast or reeling a bait in and casting it out every thirty secs. trying to find the fish. If I don't have confidence in something it's counterproductive because I don't leave it in the strike zone were it needs to be.

CircleHook
    Whats the difference between Berkley Gulp and Berkley Power bait for the shrimp?

Juggernaught
    I have seen one undersized speck caught on them and they are PUNGENT always make sure to wash your hands and I'd just go with live bait under a poppin' cork