Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: galveston county

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme

galveston county

Seen a few other fellow galveston county folks on here. Would love to to hear from yall, especially if you're getting on fish. Maybe a saltwater gathering is not in the too distant future? What do yall think?

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    I'll go but somebody gonna have to teach this old dog, causin I don't ever saltie water fish!!

First get ya a saltwater stamp, then give me a hollar. Don't need more than your average freshwater set-up, I use 12# test line. Just dont go sticking your finger in any salty fishes mouth or might not be able to count past 9. My catch ratio really improves around april but luck is better than skill sometimes get into them earlier. Besides any live shrimp you don't use for bait is great for dinner. Lets fish.

I am going to keep that in mind, about the fingers in the mouth and will take you up on a fishing trip!!Thanks
    You gonna be at the gathering???

really really wanted to go but thats the only day I'm busy(2/14/04 right). Got a saltwater fishing seminar in the morning over in baytown (already paid my entrance fee). Then going to houston supercross race that afternoon(already bought tickets for family). Wishin I was fishin, any body going out sunday?

Sunday morning we'll be picking up jugs ,cleaning fish and breaking camp , we'll probably be there til about noonish!!

Web Owner Master in FishingTX
    i have guest coming sunday, will probably be around till dark on sunday, as advertised 13, 14 and 15

Senior Member Master in FishingTX waterspout's Avatar
    Minner skinner , I was gonna go to the SALT seminar but I have to get my son to Reliant to the pits early sat. morning. He races BMX and Motocross so thats an allday event for me. Haven't missed one in so long I cann't count that high anymore, so what one more right

You should enjoy the seminar alot of good info will be there with some top notch guides
    The fish are in the water!

Waterspout, Cool another rider. The best time to meet all the riders when they are relaxed is about 45 min to an hour after the race. The security will leave and just go on in the pitts. Lots of souvenier parts (plastics, tires autographs and some will even let you sit on a factory bike for a picture).By the time you leave, all the traffic will be cleared. Ill be there, maybe will see ya there. Heck I know a few houston area tracks with pretty good fishing. Have to hook it up.

Is anyone catching any wintertime reds? I've seen a few reported catches over at Greens Cut. If any of you have drifted this area or fished "muddy streaks" of water, some advice just might help this ol boy out.