Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I lost my oldest fishing buddy today(Pop)

Senior Member FishingTX Skilled Angler skeeter21's Avatar
    Your post stopped me in my tracks this evening. Your father must have been a good man to instill such character and a love of God in you.
    I lost my father almost 30 years ago but I've felt his presence there with me on a hundred fishing and hunting trips since then.
    May our Lords peace and serenity overflow on you and your family.

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    He has gone to a better place !!

Senior Member FishingTX Skilled Angler mj1956's Avatar
    Sorry for your loss and our prayers are with you and the family. My Dad passed in 1988 and my Mom in 1992 and I still miss them everday, but I know they are happy together in God's Hands. I, like Skeeter21, can still feel their presence as I go about my daily life here on earth. I know your Dad, like mine was proud to pass his love of the outdoors down to you and will always be a part of your future outings.
    Knowledge is Power!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Pawpop's Avatar
    Prayers are answered and He is a mercyful God. May you find comfort in knowing ,that Pop is now at rest and at peace.
    And GOD said:

dlmarinaman
    I really want to thank everyone that posted and sent prayer, I really don’t know what to say but one think I do know is that I’m very proud to call myself a fishermen and proud to be a part of a brotherhood of fishermen.

dpiper
    Sorry I missed this thread. God bless you and your family. I will pray for ya'll.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Bill Barrick's Avatar
    I too, am sorry for your loss which reminds me of my age( Jan 3, I am 72 )and am thankful each day that God allows me to carry on.
    Kermit the frog says " Time is fun when you are having flies. "

Be Positive-- I can do this!!

nautic2200
    May he rest in peace now. Our prayers are with your family. I lost my Dad in January and know how you feel. Rejoice in the fact that he is in a better place.

Mike

heycods
    Having been down that road, I feel your pain, and I feel your relief. It is of great comfort to us to see the suffering end. Rest sure in the knoledge that he is in the hands of the greatest fisherman of all time. Peace be with you brother.

Senior Member FishingTX Skilled Angler Nitroman901CDX's Avatar

My Deepest Sympathy!

I just lost my Father back on August 07, 2006 and still miss him terribly but I know we will meet again and until that day he will aways be with me. I know the pain you're feeling but, take comfort in the outstrectched arms of our Heavenly Father and he will pull you through. I will keep you and your family in my prayers! God Bless!
    Where There's Lawgs, There's Hawgs!