Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I lost my oldest fishing buddy today(Pop)

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Pawpop's Avatar
    I will have to say AMEN,AMEN: to nitroman's post. The same goes for me.
    MAY HE REST IN PEACE
    And GOD said:

Senior Member Master in FishingTX gator's Avatar
    nitroman feel the pain i lost dad sept 05 and for some unknown reason today i have had a hard time just missing him real bad today then read your post. so you timming was perfect or maybe the Lord laid on your heart to help me today thanks
    Give me a sense of humor, Lord;
    Give me the grace to see a joke,
    To get some humor out of life,
    And pass it on to other folk.
    Amen!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX GILBERT G's Avatar
    sorry to here the sad things that happen but you must go on and catch his limit too and remember him with every catch . SORRY THE BIG ONE GOT AWAY.

Scotta
    e I lost my father back in'97. He hated to fish but took me every chance he could. When I was 7, he bought me me first boat. 17' John boat with a 25 hp motor. I loved it. We driffted apart over the years because of my choices. I hope today he is looking down and smiling. I have changed so much, I know he would be happy. Sorry for your loss. For everyone else never argue over little things, you never know. Prayers are on there way and know he is looking down. I know my dad is smiling with revery tight line. And, thats a lot lately!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Member FishingTX Skilled Angler Nitroman901CDX's Avatar
    Thanks Pawpop and Gator I know the Lord uses us to touch the lives of others and this is why it is so important to be that vessel for the Lord. Glad to know I helped.
    Where There's Lawgs, There's Hawgs!

Scotta
    Thanks Nitro, I didnt read your post till now. You are right. He even tells us in corinthians 10:13 that he wont give us more than we can bear and will show us a way out. I appreciate the comforting words nitro. i am dealing with a temporary loss right now and its been tough. The lord will show us both the way. Thanks again.

Member Hooked on FishingTX johnboat john's Avatar

Smile When we meet again.

So sorry to hear of your loss! I too lost my dad 0n 2-8-06 one week past his birthday, it was sad but also it was relief. I know that he was out of pain and suffering. Those first few days afterwards were real hard, I was in shock basically! The first three months afterwards were filled with all kinds of thoughts about what life was going to be like without him here. I would catch myself thinking about what he would do in some situation that I was in, and I could hear him in my mind saying this way! It is almost like he was still here in my own conscienceness. Time has started to heal my heart but there is still amany times when I get down thinking about him being gone, but other times I feel joyus that he taught me so much about life and the great outdoors. He told me and my brother that we should not get down and out about his passing, he knew he was going. I try to think about those words he told me when I get down about it. The thing that really helps is knowing that he was a Christian man and that we will have an eternity to be together when we meet again!.........................Johnboat John

Senior Member FishingTX Skilled Angler Nitroman901CDX's Avatar
    Thanks Scott,

There were a lot of dates after my Dad Passed in Aug 07 that have been tough such as, Oct 12, 07 (Mom & Dad's Anniversary), Sept 09, 07 (Dad's Birthday), Thanksgiving and Christmas. I have to say Christmas was by far the toughest, my Mom and Grandmother came down from Tyler to spend the holiday with us and we have a long standing tradition that is reading the story of the birth of Jesus (what we call the real Christmas story). Dad always read this every year and this year, I took the role and man did I struggle but, as I was reading the scripture through the tears came a peace that words can't explain and I promise you I felt as if the Lord placed his hand on my shoulder to let me know everything is going to be fine. This is the kind of comfort and peace that only God can give us in times like these and I for one and grateful.
    Where There's Lawgs, There's Hawgs!