Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Year's

Senior Member Master in FishingTX whitebassfisher's Avatar

New Year's

I want every one to have a Happy New Year's, but please be safe. For some reason, a lot of folks feel the need to go out, obliterate themselves, and then drive home. Let's make sure we can all poke fun at each other next week, or talk about the boat show, or anything alive and well!
    Whitebassfisher
    <)))><

john
    I second that ,may the new year bring many of great fishing trips for all.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Pawpop's Avatar
    Well said WBF, Well said:
    And GOD said:

Ole Bill

Talking

yeppers stay sober and enjoy the world

Scotta
    Thanks ..

Layton
    I'll third it.

NewCaneyFishingLady
    We have stayed home at New Year's for many years, now. I refer to it as amateur night. It is just to dangerous to get out there. But where I live it can be dangerous, at home, too, with all the guns that get fired off at midnight.

Ole Bill
    bullit proof vests anyone

Senior Member Master in FishingTX whitebassfisher's Avatar
    About 8 or 10 years back, I was trying to get to sleep right after midnight New Year's and I heard THUMP on the roof. I pretty well knew what it had to be. After work the next day I climbed on the roof and sure enough the bullet had been traveling straight down, and the back end of it was level flush with the top surface of the shingles. I just pulled it out with needle nose pliers and caulked in/over real well. I would not want to have been hit with it! Sadly, it seems like most years now there is a gun related accident each year in the greater Houston area due to shooting them like fireworks.
    Whitebassfisher
    <)))><

NewCaneyFishingLady
    Yeah, about 7 years ago, I found a bullet in my swimming pool, when I was brushing it, during the spring. Also found a hole in the deep end.