Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: cigarette tax

NewCaneyFishingLady
    If you get offended easily, please don't read this. These are only my opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by mj1956
    I am trying to quit a 34 year addiction, but it is tough. I usually get cranky when I get down to 1 pack.
    Mj1956, I am also a long time smoker and I am gonna quit, too. I will not be doing it because of the critizisims, displeasures, opinions, advise, or the discrimition that is being allowed in the USA, nor by the extra cost of cigarettes, and life/health insurance.

I just want to stop so it won't be so difficult on me while I am in the hospital. I saw my father have a very difficult time with his breathing, after his bypass surgery. By the way, I don't want my chest cut open either. Why do I have to pay more for cigs and insurance? Since I retired, I no longer get colds or bronchitis!

People that live in glass houses should not throw stones.

saundecw
    I haven't had a cigarette since about this time last Sunday night and feel better already. I still reach into my pocket for a cigarette out of habit but it gets a little easier everyday. I am using the nicotine patch and so far so good.

NewCaneyFishingLady
    Fantastic Wayne!!! Stay with it. I quit for 3 months and David quit for 15 months, a few years ago. Then, after some close family/friend deaths, we both started back up, due to stress. Hang in there, buddy!!!!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX whitebassfisher's Avatar

That's great Wayne

Wayne, I used the patch too. Congratulations on making it this long. The patch doesn't put any more nicotine into your system than smoking, so I don't see the need to rush weaning down. And the patch doesn't make your lungs like a dirty ash tray. They make 3 sizes right? 21's, 14's and 7's? I used the 21's a long time, until I was sorta past the slapping my pocket to get one out stage. Once I was past a lot of the problems you're probably having now, I started weaning down.

A box of 7's is not much cheaper than a box of 21's, I guess they just make that much more profit. I think I used the 21's at least 2 months, then I started cutting them in half, and used a half at a time for another couple months. And so on...

Best of luck!
    Whitebassfisher
    <)))><

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Pawpop's Avatar
    I'm proud for you wayne hang in there friend.
    And GOD said:

Ole Bill

Talking

NCFL i dont see anything in that post that would offend anybody when people learn that it is a strong desire for ones own benefit that quittting an addiction of any kind will get done. You have to want to quit for your own reason and nothing else. Smoking or drinking or drug abuse is all addictions that can only be cured by will of the addicted party and all other opinions and ideas are just water under the bridge. Those of us who have smoked and quit will know what im saying and they are the ones who will support you if you decide to quit but like i said that decision is yours and yours alone.

dpiper
    Hey Wayne have you caught yourself snacking more?

Senior Member FishingTX Skilled Angler mj1956's Avatar
    No offense taken. I know I need to quit for my health, but the cost involved does make me more determined to try to quit.
    Knowledge is Power!

Ole Bill
    that was one of my minor reasons for quitting the major reason was because of health. when i couldnt get up without gasping for air i new i had to do something fast and stopping the addiction to cigarettes was the first thing i could think of it sure has worked out good for me.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX tylerdan's Avatar
    I wish all you guys and gals luck. Stopping the smokes is a good thing. I have a good friend in Austin tied to an Oxygen hose all day in her house because of her smoking.