Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: cigarette tax

Senior Member Master in FishingTX gator's Avatar

cigarette tax

well me being a 20yr x smoker i dont advacate it but heres a link to state tax lousiana is .36 per pack compared to texas 1.41
    anybody gonna make a road trip?
    http://www.tobaccofreekids.org/resea...s/pdf/0097.pdf
    Give me a sense of humor, Lord;
    Give me the grace to see a joke,
    To get some humor out of life,
    And pass it on to other folk.
    Amen!

dpiper
    I quit. Not because of the taxes but because I found a sucker who smokes four or five packs a day and bet him to quit smoking. First one to smoke pays the other $500. I bet him $100 and he raised to $500. I only smoke 5 or 6 small cigars a day. I have faith I'll win but I believe it will take me a couple weeks to catch him.

Scotta
    Cant you get cigs tax free at the Indian place off 1960 towards humble. I believe they sell cigs tax free. I bought a pack today and it was $5.65. At 2 packs a day.............I have a military id and can get them at the coast. guard base {exchange} tax free. Definately worth the road trip . Also a good excuse to get some saltwater fishing in. Fishing should be good at the base. Nice link Gator.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX willie's Avatar
    scott you can also go over off clinton drive.the cg is there too.my id expired so i'm s.o.l.
    theres room for all gods creatures,
    right next to the mashed taters.

dpiper
    Yes you can get them at the indian store but they raise their price proportioal to the tax increase. The wife went in there Friday and they were nearly sold out.

NewCaneyFishingLady
    Now, I feel so . I always buy our cigs at the AC Smoke Shop. We went there, at night, last week and stood in line behind many people, after gathering 18 cartons of cigs to get us through the night.

We stood, we waited, we didn't move up. Got to wondering, What is going on?, only to find out that their computers were down. One guy in front of us had exact change for 1 pack of cigs. They wouldn't take it. He waited, too!!!!!

So, we all made a good visit of it and joked about it. Then, I heard when the computers came back up, they would only be taking cash. I asked, the guy at the register, on my way out, to the bank, for cash, if that was true. He said yes. Only to find out later that David paid with the debit card. Geeze!

Now, you have reminded me that they don't charge tax. MAN!!!!!
    But I also heard that some manufacturers are increasing their prices, also.

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    I killed my nicotin demon a long time ago I owrk tooo hard for my money to see it go up in smoke ,yikes :chop:

saundecw
    You are so right Ben!! I will be on the nicotine patch when I run out of what I have so look out!!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX gator's Avatar
    well good luck to you
    Give me a sense of humor, Lord;
    Give me the grace to see a joke,
    To get some humor out of life,
    And pass it on to other folk.
    Amen!

Scotta
    Tried the patch. It went good with a nice smoke.